Dave Pawson of Heathecote Vic

Hongie

Just make sure all the mods have been done…find out what they all were (every one of them) and physically check them….you don't want the wing coming off. They seemed to have fixed the original problems with the modifications

Yeah mate I will be.

This is an original 601, pre -XL which had most of the problems. The HD and HDS had a couple of spar issues, but the spar is 11' wide, the only issue is if the bolt hole edge space is >10mm

So it's arrived? Cool,,,was chatting with another fella today who knows Dave and the plane, he said Dave is living in Hong Kong ( I think or something like that) and mentioned the plane was ,in his opinion, very well built. I'll ask if he has contact details for the builder,

Matty

• Haha 1

Yeah mate I will be.This is an original 601, pre -XL which had most of the problems. The HD and HDS had a couple of spar issues, but the spar is 11' wide, the only issue is if the bolt hole edge space is >10mm

And ya going to have to get used to the comments, I considered the plane and did the research on it,,,,,but then I discovered I didn't have enough money,,,,, ;-)

Hi Hongie,

The 601HD or HDS didn't have the alleged wing problems of the 601XL. They're a completely different animal. I've not heard of any problems or mods to solve problems on that model. Be interested to know what engine it's got. The Subaru EA81 is a favourite.

Paul

Thanks techie49. Yep this has a 912UL in it, only 80hp, but i'll see how it performs. There are performance mods to do to a UL, so I'll cross that bridge if I need to. There was an AD in relation to the spar splice plates on the HD and HDS, but having removed and measured them today, they are ok, and do not need to be replace.