Good day all

kanga

I am still GA - C152 - but it is in bits getting a very sloooowww refurbishment & SIDS inspection, but also RAA. We have a very basic Wheeler Scout (wing needs recovering) which my husband is now too heavy to get off the ground, so it is all mine ... and a Lightwing (with an instructor), a home built RANS S7 Courier and a home built Karasport which is over 20 years old and RAAus has only just asked for plans and data set, so it is sitting there waiting for us to draw & calculate. There's a point where too many aircraft means more time spent working on them and less time flying. Right now the balance has swung to nil flying to 100% working. That's probably the down side of RAA and being able to build and do your own maintenance; its a temptation to fiddle around endlessly. Our aim is to actually fly in to a fly-in, something we have not managed for a few years.

How about you - what is your chariot of choice?

Sue

Well, thats quite hard for me to say,all round I would admit to a fondness for the Cessna 152 Aerobat , then again I quite like the Victa 115 , you see I like anything that has a reasonably crisp control reaction. HOWEVER, If I had a money no object choice, I'd take a Beechcraft king air 350 anytime. That would qualify as a lotto dream , back to earth , be a bit hard getting that on RA rego I think. So I will try not to seem to be too much of a pain in the questions department. Your wheeler scout has a sister at my place, together with airframe and wings of a Winton jackaroo none of which have flown for yonks.

Welcome to the forums Kanga. Great to have you on board mate:cheers:.

Out of curiosity, do you hail from the UK originally like me?

The reason I ask, is that when I first arrived here decades ago, I used to say "Good Day" to everyone when the Aussie way is simply G'day.

Still means much the same hopefully, but I believe in the old saying "When in Rome do as the Roman's do".

Not having a shot at you at all, but if this the case? Hope it helps you becoming Ausified.

Look forward to hearing more from you.