Welcome Pilots Just Landed

Not a lot nowadays Adam,. . . beset with family and work . . . . but I really DO like tailwheel aircraft though, having learned to fly originally in a DH82A. . .although not to solo, too young at the time, I managed to do that when Wifey and I emigrated to Melbourne in 1971. Ended up placing it gently but accurately in a ditch too ! ! ! no damn brakes / crosswind / idiot pilot. . etc. . ..

You'll find some kindreds on this forum, we have a few airline pilots here, who also enjoy the art of flying recreational appliances. . . . and why not !

I have access to a ( bright Green - yuk ) Denney Kitfox Mk3, which is of course a taildragger, I get to fly that pretty well anytime I want, as the owner is a close friend. . .it's got a Rotax 582 oil injected 2 stroke donkey, but it never fails. . . .( so far ) Problem is the bloody callsign,. . .it's G-PPPP Poppa Poppa Poppa Poppa. . . . .etc,. . .on the radio, I keep thinking, "How many Poppas did I say just then. . ." !. . .

I also fly a Bellanca Decathlon occasionally, . . .but I have to pay many ££££s to the FBO to use that ! Just t got and have a larrikin around upside down now and again, although I've found that as I've got older, the Gee tolerance has reduced somewhat, and I get to feel like a wrung out oil rag after messing about for too long outside the bounds of straight and level, and gentle 90 degree turns etc. . . .

Best wishes finding some sort of aerial appliance that you're happy with,. . .and please keep us here on the forum informed about what you're doing. . . .plenty of advice on aircraft types available, so don't be afraid to ask.

Phil.080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Like 1

The tailwheel idea is good. Have a look around for a while before you decide on which plane. I think there are Eurofox's at Horsham and there's a Decathlon type thingy at Lethbridge (There may be more there ) .If you can find a well maintained Drifter SB and don't mind having one of the best views from any powered cockpit go for that. Bit cold right now unless you go North to Farri's place Nev

That's an interesting story Phil. It wouldn't be hard putting a Tiger in a ditch.

And you have some great machines to fly around.

Thank you facthunter & djpacro.

A drifter would be a lot of fun. I don't see too many of them in our colder climate.

I will call Bacchus and find out. I didn't realise they were getting hold of one.

Thank you both for your replies 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Like 1

I saw their Eurofox flying there a couple months ago, but I've been away overseas since that time.

I have my own 3k (trike config. Eurofox) there too, kept in a trailer. It only "comes out to play" once every 2-3 weeks for a x-country visit, so it doesn't remain local too much.

I saw their Eurofox flying there a couple months ago, but I've been away overseas since that time.

I have my own 3k (trike config. Eurofox) there too, kept in a trailer. It only "comes out to play" once every 2-3 weeks for a x-country visit, so it doesn't remain local too much.

• 1 year later...

HI fellow aviators. I'm very interested in hearing about the experience and expertise of those who have worked with the BMW R100 conversion recently. I say recently, because I understand that there's a new upgrade from Siebenrock bringing to reality 85 hp at affordable pricing - without requiring machine work. I this track very attractive especially when considering the alternatives, i.e ROTAX 912si, and Jabiru 2200. Asking the group to give be some opinion. I think the powerplant package weighs near 155 lbs.... not so bad.