APEC

Guest Graham Lea

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fred Bear
Darren .... great pictures , Mums the word as to the secret location ,however , Is this the first time we have had a 747 at The Oaks ??.... Oops , let the cat out of the bag !!!

Oh c'mon mate! Stop telling people our secrets! 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif Now we are history 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Rob, not to sure re what you mention. Would not be at all surprised though.

ECM, electronic counter measures, to protect the aircraft from air or ground borne attack, detect threats, that sort of thing, if you are lucky enough to get close enough, you will see the a handful of glass windows with a funny gold/blue reflective tint, on the aft sections of the engine pylons.

Guest disperse

thanks darren , i should of come over for this . it would of been good !!

although it must cost about $10,000,000 every time the "bush" says he just popping down the shops............???mmmm bit over the top me's think.

Guest Fred Bear
I hope that you didn't reach for the Mortien mate they may have attacked you

They have a big nest just West of here (God I feel like Banjo Patterson) and I;m real bored tonight...I like it Rick ;)

Darren that infernal chopper returned last night but at least it brought back with it my roofing iron.

You can almost feel the heat coming off it's spotlight.

Could anyone out there enlighten me as to why the Capricorn Rescue helicopter travelling to and fro Rockhampton to Biloela would be operating with it's big big big spotlight turned on?

No bull, the first night it happend I thought the Martians had landed as I couldn't here the motor, I was blinded by this big light coming in through the window and peeling the paint of the opposite wall in the bedroom.

Regards,

Rick;)

I met some of the C17 crew last night at the Sebel in Windsor and then monitored them departing RIC at 22.30 and 22.50 last one was Bridge 279, nice lady I met in foyer at the Sebel piloting that one. Got RIC 1 departure and cleared Guam via Boysie. It's kinda sad to see em go.

Guest Fred Bear

Keep an eye and ear out. There have been several hornets overfly our place within the last hr most City-bound. I have their freq 311.6 on my live feed.

I for one will be very glad to see every official aircraft associated with the APEC airspace fiasco depart and never darken our skies again. I wish their aircrews an exceptionally speedy journey anywhere, as long as it is a long way from here.

Never again!

Those of you who got fed up with this rubbish better think very hard about your vote at the forthcoming federal election.

Guest Fred Bear

Dieselten, totally agree but to myself as an aviation enthusiast it was an experience I will not forget but I do agree I would not like to see them back here any time soon. some of the procedures/practices over the last week were bordering on a dictatorship as far as I see it. Overkill to the max.

Guest Fred Bear

And this is what Polair 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and goodness knows what others got up to over our place today. Quite a sight! Communications with each other on Polair freq 131.6MHz.

Guest Fred Bear

And as I photographed from Bankstown this afternoon this is what the Police Airwing Cessna 500 looks like on the ground. Better than my air shots of it and it's company a/c flying overhead! 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Guest Fred Bear

Indeed. Screen dumps of this are always good:

VH ZMD

Power Driven Aeroplane with tricycle-retractable landing gear

2 Turbofan engines

Manufacturer: CESSNA AIRCRAFT COMPANY

Model: 500

Serial number: 500-0263

Aircraft first registered in Australia: 06 January 1994

Full Registration

Registration holder as of 11 April 2006

AUSTRALASIAN JET PTY. LTD.