South African Trikes

Guest MundooTriker

Guest Cloud Warrior

We have three Aquillas hangared at White Gum Farm near York, WA, if anyone is interested in seeing the machines "in the flesh". Two Rotax 503 powered aircraft and one 582.

All the hard work to get the aircraft approved by CASA has already been done so it is a cinch to get the aircraft registered here - either RAA or HGFA. I have imported some spares directly from Solowings so they are already registered with customs as well.

I find the Airborne trikes to be really well engineered and have been very impressed by the build quality. But that all comes at a price!

The Solowings product is a bit more "agricultural" but then I can get most of my spares from the nearest motor spares shop which suits me fine. And they are built tough! Anybody who might want to check out a Aquilla in WA then please let me know.

• 6 months later...
Guest graham mac

trikes

the Raptor really is a solid hardy nice winged airie to fly,good value for money in the ozz dollar.also a better water cooling system than the Aerotrike with 582 rotax in hot humid conditions..of course if you are thinking of fitting the aircooled HKS 700e motor you dont have to worry about that. not to mention the rotax 582 300hr crank change civil aviation law hanging over our heads in south africa right now

just my 2 cents worth of what ive experienced. 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BrentK

How much time effort and cost is involved in getting an imported trike registered in Aus?

I will be emmigrating to Aus from South Africa in a few months time, and would like to take my Raptor (South African made), but am not sure if it will be worth the effort of registration. Unfortunately the 2nd hand market in SA is very poor especially with new laws requiring 582 to be overhauled @ 300hrs, so I will lose a lot if I have to sell it here.

Does anybody know exactly what would be required to get it registered in Aus?

Guest graham mac

SA for Ozz

Hey Brent 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

sad to see youre leaving south africa for Aus.tell you now i would be hot on your heels if i could.Getting very tired of the high crime situation where these madmen are running around stealing rapeing and murdering rampantly with no repercussion. :sad:as for takeing your trike with...just do it..youll be amazed at what you can sort out if you have to.:thumb_up:

"Does anybody know exactly what would be required to get it registered in Aus?"

Here in Oz, with a trike you can go with either HGFA or RAAus, your choice would probably be based on whether you wanted to also play with Paragliders & Hang Gliders (HGFA), or have a view to converting to 3-axis U/L's in future (RAAus)

Brent, I suggest you drop an email to each. Conatct details can be found on their websites.

http://www.hgfa.asn.au/

http://www.auf.asn.au/

Rgds,

Glen