New 55inch Bolly Prop

Greetings all

Had a chat with the Contes manufacturers of Aerochute and Peter from Bolly and they have a new ground adjustable wide blade 55 inch prop which has the same climb rate as a 62 inch prop used on the Aerochute without changing the the line guard ,retailing around $1250 from Bolly .Sounds like a good deal especially given the more clearance from the lines which would be 1 1/2 inch extra clearance compared to using a 58 inch IVO prop,which is the standard used prop.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I have the 62" but use nice clean ,well kept grass strip so no probs there & with the lines hangn on a bracket outside the cage theres no problem with prop clearance

What climb rate are you getting say feet per minute with your 62 inch prop,flying solo?

Fred,I wouldn't have the foggiest re climb rate but Im sure Aerochute could give you this info ,Im never needing full noise (solo) at any time that I know & my machine has waaay more lift than the one I flew for my licence with standard prop.

The

For they are Bolly good fellows, to come up with this new 55" prop......but (being a smaller prop) does it use more fuel for the same distance?

These new 55 inch Bollys are yet to be released,Feb next year still in their trials.I know I need a better performing prop when taking up passengers than with the 59inch IVO I currently run.Your question on fuel economy on smaller dia props gives food for thought.This URLfrom the Bolly Book in the first section under blade area vs blade

dia in performance might help with your question.I still have an open mind on the 55 inch,but going to a larger dia prop might be the better option for the slower more

drag Aerochute.http://www.bolly.com.au/book/Book.php?Chapter=2&Section=4