Check this out for hanging off a prop!

DrZoos

Not that special these days with a model.

It's actually easier to do right on the deck than up at say 50-100 feet. When it is low & close you can see every little movement of the model & use smaller smoother corrections. However low & close carries consequences when you get it wrong. I can hover a small foamy & tap the tail on the ground but you won't see me do it with my big models, I have more respect for them than that.

Also plenty of guys doing this sort of thing are using gyros and electronic stabilization to assist them with this type of flying.

• Agree 1

my point exactly Mick, all of these technologies will creep in with enough time and money...when they are doing it with models this size its only a matter of time till a "proper aircraft"pulls it off.

Models, technology and real aircraft capabilities are merging at an incredible rate

The only thing holding them back is certification and or governing bodies... someone will pull it off soon enough..

I see foamies doing it all the time , but this size model is impressive muchness

Oh yeah, they're getting there....Many of those guys also fly RC, to experiment with new moves.....

Matt Chapman one of the top American aerobatic / display pilots is a model flyer as is our own

Paul Bennett. Nigel Arnett flies models regularly too. Matt Hall has seen my model of his race plane and commented he has tried RC and is really bad at it but probably has just not had a decent go with the right type of model to learn on.