Finally an Innamincka visitor

alf jessup

Had the pleasure of finally meeting an RAA member at Innamincka just now, Graeme or Graham aka Tipabarra and his mate Mike just landed at 14:15 26 10 15 after a some what bumpy flight from Birdsville a mere 1.5hrs away.

Much braver than me to be flying up here this time of the year even with all those nasty thermals and dust devils kicking around in the 40 deg heat it is today, boys were thinking of not tying the girl down to for the night to which i promptly pointed out about 1/2 a dozen dusty's reeking havoc around the place so in went the tie downs:thumb up:.

Tipabarra's 19 category J230 has performed flawlessly since leaving Adelaide a few days ago and his landing at the top strip here in Innamincka in a crosswind was done with ease.

As per usual when i notice a plane fly over (especially a RAA one) I venture up the strip for a look see and a chat.

Boys were in luck today as they were going to ring the pub for a lift from the airstrip (no mobile service), I kindly offered to give them a lift in the air conditioned Landcruiser which they duly accepted.

After a restful afternoon & night in the Innamincka pub they will be fueling up in the morning and off for their next stop on their jolly Whitecliffs.

Safe travels lads and enjoy the Innamincka hospitality:cheers:, the dust, the heat and lets not forget the flies

Alf

• Like 8

G

Hey AlfGetting a bit warm up there this time of year. Why aren't you swanning around the Lakes?

Hope you have a great time, mate and wish I was there!

Kaz

Kaz,

Got to earn a living to be able to go swanning around the Lakes, just over a week to go and I'll be back for my 3 weeks off, then some swanning will be happening.

Alf

• Like 1