Hi

cgsimpson

Yep, I agree with Robbo, try X-Plane, it is the way of the future for flight sims.

IMHO it's much more realistic in it's feel. I believe FSX uses an engine where the environment moves around the plane, but X-Plane the environment is relatively static but the plane moves through it, like in reality. I believe it's called Blade Theory.

The scenery is really good as default, all the roads and rivers are in the right places but gets really good when you add World2xp, which uses Open Street Map (OSM), and Skymax Pro for good weather. You would probably be aware of Ant's airfields he released for FSX, he has recently put them out for X-Plane adding hundreds of small and medium airports and airfields to the Australian continent.

FSX is also getting old now, it is unsupported by Microsoft, so it is fast becoming redundant. X-Plane is new and is still supported. A major update (10.42)was released for it about a month or 2 ago, and it was good! The last upgrade for FSX I think was SP2 released in 2008 maybe? X-Plane also utilizes 64bit technology.

ATC is a little better in FSX, but RAAus pilots normally fly in uncontrolled airspace anyway. Could try AVSIM or the equivalent.

Finally, Alebeo put out a very nice little Light Sports Aircraft, the Piper Sports Cruz. I like it as it handles quite like the aircraft that I've been training in.

I was a die hard FSX user until I flew a plane in X-Plane.... but nothing beats flying the real thing!!!

Have been using FSX for a long time........Have all the good addons.....works well on the newer computers and planning to try a new sim when I replace the hardware.

Have a Mate with Warrior so don't need a real PPL to get my fix.......we did a 14 day trip as far as the BungleBungles last year.

• Like 2

Have been using FSX for a long time........Have all the good addons.....works well on the newer computers and planning to try a new sim when I replace the hardware.Have a Mate with Warrior so don't need a real PPL to get my fix.......we did a 14 day trip as far as the BungleBungles last year.

A mate with a plane ...... nice!020_yes.gif.58d361886eb042a872e78a875908e414.gif