New site

willy_42

Welcome Willy.

There was a wonderful scene in that great movie "Flight of the Phoenix" where the German engineer educates the crusty old American pilot about models:

Little planes are still planes, and lacking a pilot to make in flight adjustments, probably need to be better built than big ones.

Welcome Willy,

A model aircraft pilot is a receational flyer as the name of this forum suggests. Many of us fly model aircraft including myself. Never been able to give it up, always come back to it after other distractions in life!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Wayne

Willy42. Welcome to this site. I have never flown model planes but I am a model pilot, or at least I would like to be thought of as one.

Walking in England a few years ago I could see a glider doing a lot of manouvering over the top of the hill I was climbing. When I got there it was a big model. I asked the pilot if he had ever spun one and he said he didn't know how to. I gave him my version of how to do it and his response was "No way". After going back down I looked back to see the glider doing lovely spins. How manouverable models are.