Like a 360deg view?

red750

Yes love it, so how do they do it all of the passengers not just first class that can afford it, and 2 seats only...the fight is on for the turret seats with the view...

David

That's nothing new, just more up to date. As a teenager in the air cadets I have flown several times in Vickers Valetta aircraft which had several domes along the top of the fuselage. These were navigational training aircraft whereby we could stand on our tables in front of us and have a 360 degree view to visually check our position. After our training exercise we were allowed to have a go at flying the aircraft which was good fun if some cadets were still standing on the tables as a quick 'G' turn dropped them to the floor in the centre aisle. Wish I had photos to show you.

Alan.

• Informative 1

Further to the above, I have not been able to find my own photo of the aircraft in question but a google search under Vickers Valetta WG259 should do the trick. The aircraft was based at RAF Tangmere and flew over to Guernsey to accommodate the RAF cadets at the Elizabeth College in Guernsey.

Ah! the memories.

Alan.