Breathing in new life and bringing it back

flyerme

image.jpg.04732c39e6bfe24b5a931197da9a6420.jpg Well it's well underway with 14mins and 30 secs of the movie completed...

"the Diary of Jack Flyer " based on my book

I now have 6 RAG'N'TUBE ultralights for movie ( that's what I tell the wife);) ( only 1 is not mine -maxair drifter).

I own :

Lightwing LW-1 no4. 1987 Fully rebuilt

nieuport 11.C.1. 1916 Replica fully rebuilt

chinook Replica circa 1983 fully rebuilt

WintonJackaroo 1982. In middle of rebuild

invader MK 2. 1982. Yet to start rebuild

A review of the 14 mins by an old school ultralighter proved very exciting with the reviewer inspired to drag out his old thruster :). Mission accomplished

I know I won't make $$$$ but I don't care... I want to do it to pass on my passion, inspiration, to show you can achieve the impossible dream..

There is truly no words to describe flying minimum aircraft .Romantic? Majestic? Death defying? Unforgiving?

It excites your every senses and no more than when your lined up and about to take flight in a single seat aircraft you've never flown . The unknown and the what ifs plague you as you open the throttle.

Seriously they fly unlike the lightwings and Jabies etc we now mostly fly. They are slow, dragy,more manoeuvrable( back yard flyers) and more fun than you can imagine.

I'm not knocking the bigger HP planes , don't get me wrong. But for pure minimum flying fun nothing compares. Also I enjoy the low maintenance and cheap costs of the ol 2bangers. He he he

Here's some pics. There's a before and after pic of the chinook replica I just rebuilt ( during and for film ) along with my other current aircraft . Stay tuned and stay safe

image.jpg.3e57782452a2e1f323f6ebac45c0b1aa.jpg

image.jpg.42cc18edb7e3fad63a7aed75d57ac6fd.jpg

image.jpg.0ac124359479056f1bf9024f9686c2fc.jpg

image.jpg.f84f50ba77b6cecd743b0845163fbaab.jpg

image.jpg.d6dc01849a854662ed63247d267d4f05.jpg

• Like 4

[ATTACH=full]40362[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]40363[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]40364[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]40365[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]40366[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]40367[/ATTACH] Well it's well underway with 14mins and 30 secs of the movie completed..."the Diary of Jack Flyer " based on my book

I now have 6 RAG'N'TUBE ultralights for movie ( that's what I tell the wife);) ( only 1 is not mine -maxair drifter).

I own :

Lightwing LW-1 no4. 1987 Fully rebuilt

nieuport 11.C.1. 1916 Replica fully rebuilt

chinook Replica circa 1983 fully rebuilt

WintonJackaroo 1982. In middle of rebuild

invader MK 2. 1982. Yet to start rebuild

A review of the 14 mins by an old school ultralighter proved very exciting with the reviewer inspired to drag out his old thruster :). Mission accomplished

I know I won't make $$$$ but I don't care... I want to do it to pass on my passion, inspiration, to show you can achieve the impossible dream..

There is truly no words to describe flying minimum aircraft .Romantic? Majestic? Death defying? Unforgiving?

It excites your every senses and no more than when your lined up and about to take flight in a single seat aircraft you've never flown . The unknown and the what ifs plague you as you open the throttle.

Seriously they fly unlike the lightwings and Jabies etc we now mostly fly. They are slow, dragy,more manoeuvrable( back yard flyers) and more fun than you can imagine.

I'm not knocking the bigger HP planes , don't get me wrong. But for pure minimum flying fun nothing compares. Also I enjoy the low maintenance and cheap costs of the ol 2bangers. He he he

Here's some pics. There's a before and after pic of the chinook replica I just rebuilt ( during and for film ) along with my other current aircraft . Stay tuned and stay safe

Hey Tim. Didn't I read, hear, (imagine perhaps??) somewhere recently that you also had a Wheeler Scout in your early birds collection? If not and you're mad enough, I have a line on one (no idea of which version) that could possibly be extricated from long term storage for very little (if any) folding green. Over to you. All the best for the New Year. cheers

• Like 2

Hey Tim. Didn't I read, hear, (imagine perhaps??) somewhere recently that you also had a Wheeler Scout in your early birds collection? If not and you're mad enough, I have a line on one (no idea of which version) that could possibly be extricated from long term storage for very little (if any) folding green. Over to you. All the best for the New Year. cheers

Hey Riley, yes I was trying to get hold of a scout. ( my fav U/L) and was offered parts to build 1 out of but fell threw :(