FIL65

Hi All, I'm Phil and will be starting my RPC training in the coming weeks at YGYM. Time to fulfil a life long ambition after 27 years in aircraft maintenance in the RAAF and Boeing. Will be nice to actually be in the cockpit!

Cheers

Welcome Phil, I believe when I get my NAVs, hopefully later this year, I might be visiting your aerodrome (YGYM) as part of my training.

Good luck with it all, there's a lot of knowledge here, the kind folks here so far have helped me to a large extent to get me where I am now. Your mechanical expertise will be an advantage in your training. Tony

Good Luck, Had my TIF in a SportStar a couple of weeks ago, my first lesson is on the 15th of Feb in a Tecnam P92 Eaglet:cheezy grin:

Sounds like you're learning at FlyNow at Redcliffe. All the best, I really liked flying 7600. Hope to be flying her soon as private hire, I'm so close to getting my certificate 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif All the best Brent with your flight training. The awesomeness only begins with your TIF. Tony

Sounds like you're learning at FlyNow at Redcliffe. All the best, I really liked flying 7600. Hope to be flying her soon as private hire, I'm so close to getting my certificate 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif All the best Brent with your flight training. The awesomeness only begins with your TIF. Tony

Thanks Tony, the Missis stated "when are you going to get your head out of the clouds", and I promptly replied "not for a while, haven't been taught to get down yet! lol. 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Haha 2

Thanks Tony, the Missis stated "when are you going to get your head out of the clouds", and I promptly replied "not for a while, haven't been taught to get down yet! lol. 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

And when you do learn to get them landings right, you'll just want to get right back up there again... ASAP!!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got airborne this week, squeezing in 2 lessons after the unfavourable weather and work commitments in the weeks prior. Currently flying in a Tecnam P92 Echo.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Well a year on and I finally gained my RPC back in February. Between weather and work commitments I managed to get the hours and complete my training. Now to fly the last couple of hours to get my PAX endorsement then start on my cross country.

Started my training in the Tecnam and finished in a Sky Arrow.

• Winner 1

Well a year on and I finally gained my RPC back in February. Between weather and work commitments I managed to get the hours and complete my training. Now to fly the last couple of hours to get my PAX endorsement then start on my cross country.Started my training in the Tecnam and finished in a Sky Arrow.

Hey congratulations FIL65! That is an achievement! I'm only about a year ahead of you, I completed my XC last August. PAX endorsement is no sweat, XC is challenging but heaps of fun, but it does open up the whole country for you.Cheers, Tony