New Savannah S builder

mcrowley

I have been taking flight lessons in a factory built Savannah, I LOVE how she handles, especially in the wild winds of West Texas. I just posted a question about my fuel tank install. The ICP manual is a bit.... vague from time to time ;-)) It calls for Loctite 577 on the threads of the tank fitting. Is that what also keeps the fuel from leaking around the fitting in the tank itself? Is there something better? Your construction thread is the reason I joined this site, it has been VERY helpful!! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Hi Mc

Mine is a XL of course but basically exactly the same. Anytime I can help please feel free to post here or private message me. Mine has been flying for almost 3 years now and I just love her. I have enjoyed doing the mods I have done as well. The twin sticks are just awesome. I am so glad I did them and of course you need to mod the flap bracket unless you want to go to elec flaps which I dont like. The flap mod was done because I hated the position of the full flap as I am a big guy and it was difficult to use. Now they are great to use...even though to be honest I rarely use full flap.First stage is usually enough but I am thinking about making another notch between fist sate and full flap just to give me that little bit extra flap. Full flap on the Sav you do have to be a bit careful . Landings are not such a issue but takeoff is. There have been a few guys here who have smacked their Savs using full flap and dragging the plane off too early due to the torque

Mark

I have been taking flight lessons in a factory built Savannah, I LOVE how she handles, especially in the wild winds of West Texas. I just posted a question about my fuel tank install. The ICP manual is a bit.... vague from time to time ;-)) It calls for Loctite 577 on the threads of the tank fitting. Is that what also keeps the fuel from leaking around the fitting in the tank itself? Is there something better? Your construction thread is the reason I joined this site, it has been VERY helpful!! Thanks for taking the time to share.

Mark's thread is an excellent one: very informative with many useful hints. More than 76,000 views shows the popularity of this thread!