Blimp

Robbo

• 2 weeks later...

Those videos are great, I saw this a few times at Camden at the back end of last year. Have to say I'd love to know more about this, is that a full time paid team operating it? How do you even become a blimp pilot, must be pretty awesome.

I wish them well, have had a couple of very succesful orders with them, and fast fix when a washing machine arrived dented - new one next day.

Ditto, can't complain about them at all. Set it all up and even took all the packaging with them.

Those videos are great, I saw this a few times at Camden at the back end of last year. Have to say I'd love to know more about this, is that a full time paid team operating it? How do you even become a blimp pilot, must be pretty awesome.

They had an ad on seek a few months back looking for ground crew..

A USA based light airship company have a secured a contract to fly an advertising blimp across Australia. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a project allowing you to travel to promote an iconic brand as part of the small crew that maintains and manages the Airship.These positions require travel across Australia, primarily Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

This is a permanent well paid role where you can expect to be "on the road" about 60% of the time. While you are travelling all accommodation costs are paid and you are also paid a generous daily meal allowance while travelling.

Responsibilities include:

• Driving: The blimps will travel interstate and usually stay in each city for about a week. All ground crew will share in the driving

• Flight Operations: Ground crew will help manoeuvre the blimp to and from its mooring mast for take offs and landings

• Security Watch: The blimp is never left unattended. All ground crew will stand "Watch" while the blimp is not flying. The watches are rotated through the crew via a weekly watch schedule

• Maintenance: Ground crew will be responsible for cleaning and maintaining vehicles, trailers, equipment and the blimp itself

Successful applicants must meet the following criteria:

• Able to commit to a two year fixed term contract

• Safety conscious, hardworking and reliable

• Be able and willing to travel full time

• Available to work a 7 day rotating shift roster

• Holder of a valid provisional or full state or territory driver's licence (LR licence highly desirable)

• Physically fit and able to perform regular lifting duties

• Clean driving record

• A team player

The recruitment process will require you to pass:

• Medical Check including health & fitness and Alcohol and Other Drugs test

• Security / Background Check including Federal Police Check

• Candidates will be required to provide an up-to-date NSW RTA driving record.

If this position sounds like you, submit your application today by going to: http://www.seek.com.au/job/27350483

You must be an Australian permanent resident or Citizen to apply.

You will be asked the following questions when you apply:

• Are you eligible to work in Australia?

• What is the postcode of the suburb or town you live in?

• When are you available to start?

• Do you have a current car driver's licence?

• Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?

• Agree 1

They had an ad on seek a few months back looking for ground crew..

The costs involved must be pretty serious, I've no idea how marketing/media works but presume they expect it to recoup those costs. I assumed at first it might be a voluntary crew and part sponsored blimp, but it seems to a professional marketing setup.?