Blue mountains fly neighbourly question

Hi guys, I'm new to Sydney and am looking at taking a flight out to the blue mountains from Bankstown for a bit of a scenic flight in the near future. Was doing a bit of reading on the blue mountains fly neighbourly guidelines in the ERSA which gives me a 2000 feet agl in a 600meter radius for any routes outside of the prescribed scenic routes and then says that I can get the approved scenic routes from the Park Manager.

To save me playing landline phone tag with this chap or snail mailing (no email address given) him does anyone have a copy of the approved/preferred scenic routes that they could mail/pm me?

Sorry I do not know.

But just remember to have your wits about you and a reliable aircraft.

This is serious tiger country and the options for an emergency landing are almost non existent. Treat it like a overwater flight, make sure you have all available safety gear ie a Epirp, first aid, food, water etc and a lodged flight plan with arrival time for SARS.

The Mountains is a huge area and the ability to find and rescue you is sadly quite low. The weather can be four seasons in one day and very localised. Beware of nasty surprises anywhere near the cliff faces.

Having said that- once you sort the permissions- it is a beautiful place. I used to live there for 15 years.

• Agree 2

Good counsel there litespeed...looks pretty unforgiving but beautiful at the same time. I have been flying helis here and there is little or no chance of finding a downed heli in that environment without a PLB or EPIRB. The prices for PLBs don't seem that bad nowadays so worth the investment.

• 3 weeks later...

The Blue Mountains National Park fly neighbourly map from NPWS

for further details contact

David Noble

Ranger West, webicon_green.pngMarrangaroo National Park, webicon_green.pngGardens of Stone National Park, and webicon_green.pngTuron National Park

Upper Mountains Area

webicon_green.pngBlue Mountain Region

webicon_green.pngNSW National Parks and Wildlife Service

webicon_green.pngOffice of Environment and Heritage

PO Box 43 Blackheath NSW 2785

Phone 47873116 Fax 47878514

email [email protected]

1027324440_DOC14122728FlyNeighbourlyA42014(2).jpg.aa77418a85233df7b2a6a89e121591e3.jpg

• Like 1