about Soar aviation in melbourne

hello everybody:smile:

I am planning to obtain the RPL and PPL from soar aviation in Australia but I have a few questions about that college. I hope that anyone can give me some suggestions or share some experience to me. Thank you~001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

1. did anyone hear of soar aviation or anyone studied there before. Please, give me some advices that is there good for study or share me the experience of studying there.

2.they are using Foxbat A22 and Aquila A210 as the training aircraft. I am not familiar with aircraft models but as far as I know, usually, flight schools use Piper Warrior, Cessna for training; therefore, my question is that are Foxbat A22 and Aquila A210 good aircrafts for training?

thank you:cheezy grin:

• Like 1

Hi Simon, Soar Aviation have been around for nearly 4 years and I was one of their first few customers. I dont have a lot of money so have been flying with them consistently once every 2-3 weeks. They use Foxbat for basic training and then Aquila for PPL training. The Foxbat is very nice to fly especially the visibility. I have done some hours in the Piper at another company but they charge nearly $400 per hour. Its $150 per hour more than the Foxbat. I believe Soar is good value for money although the only thing that I dont like about them is they are really busy. I dont get the time slots that are convenient for me. The Instructors, the admin staff & aircraft are very good and I dont have any complaints. They give sufficient briefing time before and after the flights and the rates per hour are very reasonable. If there was an option, I wouldn't give them 5 stars but 4.5 stars is reasonable.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Hi Simon,

May I ask if you have checked out other schools in the area? Also are you limited to the Moorabbin area? There are a number of schools in surrounding areas which might be comparable in cost, especially if you take factors such a Moorabbin charges, scheduling lessons and learning out of Moorabbin itself.

• Like 2

hello everybody:smile:I am planning to obtain the RPL and PPL from soar aviation in Australia but I have a few questions about that college. I hope that anyone can give me some suggestions or share some experience to me. Thank you~001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

1. did anyone hear of soar aviation or anyone studied there before. Please, give me some advices that is there good for study or share me the experience of studying there.

2.they are using Foxbat A22 and Aquila A210 as the training aircraft. I am not familiar with aircraft models but as far as I know, usually, flight schools use Piper Warrior, Cessna for training; therefore, my question is that are Foxbat A22 and Aquila A210 good aircrafts for training?

thank you:cheezy grin:

http://www.goflying.net/go-flying-australia-podcast-020-flight-training-takes-off-at-soar-aviation.html

Hi Simon,May I ask if you have checked out other schools in the area? Also are you limited to the Moorabbin area? There are a number of schools in surrounding areas which might be comparable in cost, especially if you take factors such a Moorabbin charges, scheduling lessons and learning out of Moorabbin itself.

thank you for your answer

I have checked out other schools in australia but there are many flight in australia and I don't know which is good or bad. Also, I am not limited in the Moorabbin area but in the Australia. My limitation is that I don't have much money so if you have better suggestion for me, please tell me.

Thank you

look forward to your rely.

thank youI have browsed the website and soar aviation look good.

I am going to apply for the RPL and PPL course to them on monday if I can't find another flight school better than that

Great work on getting started. Your going to love it!

I only have second-hand info about them and I know some of the staff - all good.

I believe they have an option to pay in advance for a reduced rate - my advice is always keep your money in the bank and pay as you go.

• Like 1

I only have second-hand info about them and I know some of the staff - all good.I believe they have an option to pay in advance for a reduced rate - my advice is always keep your money in the bank and pay as you go.

thank you for your answer

They have an option that I will be awarded 10% credit bouns if I pay above $500 for the deposit when I enroll and I don't have much money so I am hesitated about should I pay all the fees at one time, getting the credit bouns.

I have heard many things about soar aviation and most of these are so positive so I don't worry about the quality of soar aviation. But only one thing that I am concerned is the training aircraft becuase I saw some information about Foxbat A22 and Aquila A210. there are somethings such as joystick different from typical training such as Piper Warrior, Cessna. Althouht it is cheaper to fly with Foxbat A22 and Aquila A210, I don't really know are they good for training.

may I ask a stupid question?

are all aircrafts' control ways as similar as one another? I mean that if I am able to fly with Aquila A210, does that mean that I am able to fly with Piper Warrior?

thank you

look forward to your rely.

• Like 1

Hello Simon,

I have no direct experience of SOAR aviation but the Foxbat is a fine aeroplane for ab initio training. I am a bit biased( because I own one) but there are are lots flying in various flying schools in Australia. It is definitely cheaper to start in a light sport aircraft (LSA) and then move to Piper etc if you wish. The flying is the same - in fact some think that you learn better skills in an LSA than you do in the standard GA aircraft.

You said above that you are not limited to Melbourne in choosing a school. In that case, you may want to go somewhere with...how shall I put this...more "reliable" weather. For example, there are good schools in Western Australia (avoid Dec - March..too hot) with day after day of blue skies, even in winter. Also the same time zone as Hong Kong. Cheapest/best way to get your licence is to do it as solid a block as possible...fly 2 or 3 times a week or more.

Cheers,

BF

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
thank youI have browsed the website and soar aviation look good.

I am going to apply for the RPL and PPL course to them on monday if I can't find another flight school better than that

Hi Simon,

Did you go to Soar aviation or did you find another cheaper solution?

How did you find them?

I am planning to run for my CPL and they have offered me to use VET FEE student loan which is quite good for me at my current financial status.

Has anyone else had any opinion about this?

Regards,

Arash