Passed my Nav & met theory test

Hi all, I passed my Nav theory test this evening so I just have my Nav flight test to complete before I finish my cross country endorsement. Like previous RA Aus tests this one focussed on a lot of small, fairly obscure details but I feel it missed out on covering the more relevant topics. My cross country flights have all gone well, two of them required diversions due to poor weather which was good experience. On my solo Nav my battery went flat on the second leg which required a landing with no trim, flap or radio which was also a good learning experience... So, if the weather holds out I will have my x country endorsement by the end of this week... I have already started planning my first few trips from Wagga to the south coast and can't wait to get exploring. Cheers, Andrew

• Like 2

Thanks roundsounds, my instructor told me I just had to have the theory test complete to do the final prac exam?? In hindsight the theory exam didn't really add much in my mind, I did a lot of study but only a small amount of theory was actually relevant....

• Agree 1

Thanks roundsounds, my instructor told me I just had to have the theory test complete to do the final prac exam?? In hindsight the theory exam didn't really add much in my mind, I did a lot of study but only a small amount of theory was actually relevant....

Same with GA, I think I did my first solo nav before my PPL theory test.

Sounds good Rich, my parents have a house in Bulli so Wollongong will be one of my first destinations. I finished the x country endorsement today (in a jab 160 as mine is in the shop) so I will be up your way soon!

Sounds good Rich, my parents have a house in Bulli so Wollongong will be one of my first destinations. I finished the x country endorsement today (in a jab 160 as mine is in the shop) so I will be up your way soon!

Congrats mate. Send us a message when your in the gong if you want to talk aviation or need someone to show you the local sights from the air

Well done Andrew, I'm right in the middle of doing my XC endorsement. Any words of wisdom?Tony

Hey Tony, my only advice would be to prep well on the airports you are flying to... I found getting to the destination relatively easy but it was more of a challenge to orient your self at a new airport and get the circuit entry sorted. I always had a drawing of my destination airport with me so I didn't get confused with runway numbers etc.

For the theory test I was surprised with how many questions focussed on minor details and references. I felt I had a solid understanding of all the major areas but I was caught out by some of the questions focusing on small details. I still passed but had to take a punt on a few. Also be prepped to answer some questions on BAK and human factors....

Good luck!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Helpful 2