Pilots With insulin controlled diabetes In U.K. Fly Safely

horsefeathers

MUNICH -- One of the few countries to allow commercial airline pilots to fly with insulin-controlled diabetes has had no incidents of medical incapacitation and few cases of in-flight hypo- or hyperglycemia during more than 18 months, according to a U.K. study.

Read the full article here Pilots With Diabetes In U.K. Fly Safely

Well I am a type 2 diabetic and on insulin injections. I can tell you no one wants to be injecting insulin 2 to 4 days a day take it from me. Unless your sugar is going very high most will be on metformin or similar tablets but for other type 2 like me where I am severely insulin resistant require it to at least stop the really bad effects that high sugar has. Most do not know but heart blockages are a huge byproduct of high sugar long term. Its worse than smoking or fatty foods intake over long periods. I know...I have the zipper in my chest to prove it. Whe I had some symptoms with the ticker I had a angiogram and promptly was put in straight away for bypasses. I asked the surgeon after why I was so bad as all my arteries in my heart were 90% blocked. I said is it because I have been a smoker and over weight most of my life...he said..that didnt help but what got me was out of control long term diabeties. Most people do not know that side of it