RPL Theory Course

I'm looking at doing a theory course which is run over 1 day a week for 9 weeks, each lesson is 4 and a half hours and the exams that get completed are: pre-solo exam, pre-area solo exam and basic aeronautical knowledge exam.

It comes at a cost of $800 for the whole 9 weeks. To me it sounds like a good deal, just wanted to get some thoughts from you guys as to whether it is worth it etc

If you want to learn in a classroom then $20 an hour is good value for a professionals time.

However I found a text book and the free tutorials on this site was all that I needed for RAAus theory.

With a few questions to my instructor along the way!

• Like 1

If you want to learn in a classroom then $20 an hour is good value for a professionals time.However I found a text book and the free tutorials on this site was all that I needed for RAAus theory.

With a few questions to my instructor along the way!

Yeah that's what I'm kind of thinking. Then I guess you just organize with your own air club to do the exams by yourself? Or do you organize through another governing body or something?

Yeah that's what I'm kind of thinking. Then I guess you just organize with your own air club to do the exams by yourself? Or do you organize through another governing body or something?

For RAAus the exams are taken at the school you are learning at.

When I thought I was ready I sat them.

Not sure about RPL.

Are you RAAus or RPL? I believe the syllabus is very similar.

For RAAus the exams are taken at the school you are learning at.When I thought I was ready I sat them.

Not sure about RPL.

Are you RAAus or RPL? I believe the syllabus is very similar.

I'm not real sure what RAAus is? Haha I will be going for my RPL and then PPL pretty well straight after

No worries. You're doing an RPL then.

What are you learning in?

RAAus is the organisation which handles the registration and training for ultralights (also called LSA - light sport aircraft).

It's kind of the competition to an RPL and it sounds like it's loosing the battle!

You'll learn about the regulations soon enough as part of your theory...

• Like 1

No worries. You're doing an RPL then.What are you learning in?

RAAus is the organisation which handles the registration and training for ultralights (also called LSA - light sport aircraft).

It's kind of the competition to an RPL and it sounds like it's loosing the battle!

You'll learn about the regulations soon enough as part of your theory...

Alright I see, I googled and saw their website but wasn't sure.

I'm learning in an old Cessna C150, think it's a mid 70's model haha

Yeah well they have a bit of a learning package with all the theory information and a plane information book as well that I'll have to buy

Alright I see, I googled and saw their website but wasn't sure.I'm learning in an old Cessna C150, think it's a mid 70's model haha

Yeah well they have a bit of a learning package with all the theory information and a plane information book as well that I'll have to buy

Warnervale?

• More 1

Warnervale?

That's the one! Haha seems to be a pretty cool set up there and when I make the move to buy a plane it'd be an old 182 I'm thinking, so kind of prefer learning in an older model