Spinner Advice

hjubm2

So it appears that when it rains it pours. Took of the spinner on the Thorp today because of a crack and found out that half the screw holes on the backing plate have cracks through them and one has actually snapped completely off (See Picture). The crack in the spinner will be easily fixed but I think the backing plate is past repair. Does this mean I will need to replace both the spinner and backing plate or is there somewhere that just the backing plate is available? I am unsure of the models etc for the spinner but if it helps the propeller is an Australian Performance Propeller and it's mounted on a Lycoming O-320.

I feel like I'm relying on these forums too much atm but since I am new to the whole ownership part it's been a big help. Any advice I greatly appreciate.

Thanks all

Thanks for the advice. I've looked all over the spinner etc and can't find a single part number which is why it's causing me issues and not knowing where to turn.

• 3 weeks later...
Give Alan at Cummins Spinners a call, I am pretty sure he could help you out.

So I tried getting a spinner off Alan. Took a while to get through to him and sent through all the dimensions he wanted but now haven't heard from him in over a week so looking for other options.

Is there anyone else in Australia that makes Aluminium Spinners? All my searches are coming up blank. Failing that does anyone know of anywhere that I can get a custom Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber spinner made?

Just wanting to try and get it all fixed up without having to pay around $1k to get one from America that I then need to find someone who can drill the required holes and do the cut outs for the prop. I never thought this would be so hard.

Thanks all