First landing was rough, but this is fun...

PDiddy

Hi Everyone. I'm new and just started learning to fly RAA near Brisbane.

I've been researching the different options for training GA vs RA, integrated or non etc, and considering whether commercial flying (airline) would be for me or not. Thanks to your contributions and Pprune, I've learned a lot.

At this point, it looks like RAA is the way to go to get started, so wish me luck and I look forward to learning from and contributing to these forums.

Cheers

PDD

Hi and welcome PDD. 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

It is an awesome adventure you have begun, like Geoff asked, where are you learning, and what are you learning in?

Yep, I agree, RAA is a good way to go. Affordable lessons and planes. And all your training can be used towards a higher license if that's the way you want to go.

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

Started with Rod at Flightscope in the Eurofox. Also since Im at Wyaralong dam most Saturdays for the kids rowing I checked out Dave at Airsport Qld Boonah. Dave has a Technam P96 Golf.

Started with Rod at Flightscope in the Eurofox. Also since Im at Wyaralong dam most Saturdays for the kids rowing I checked out Dave at Airsport Qld Boonah. Dave has a Technam P96 Golf.

Dave also has a Tecnam P2008. I did a couple of hours in it, with Dave in the right hand seat, until I decided to pursue aircraft ownership instead of hiring. It is a nice aircraft to fly though. The castoring nose wheel was interesting to taxi with...I have also overflown Boonah a few times now during my cross country navs.

• Like 1

Welcome PDiddy, Currently converting from GA to Ra-Aus With Dave at Airsports Qld & Boonah, Dave knows his stuff and that Golf is fun to fly. cheers

Welcome PDD. Reckon Boonah will work a treat. Flew with Dave late last year and loved the P2008 so much we are in the midst of purchasing one. Dave was great so we will be doing our navs with him, something we are really looking forward to. Cheers Des

Update - had a great flight with Dave at Airsport Boonah QLD on Saturday morning. The Scenic Rim region is a great place to learn to fly too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2