727 fuel burn

727engineer

When I used to work at Pel-Air, the story was that the Metro's used to have to avoid not just storms but any rain activity as whatever they were burning in fuel, if they went through rain they added the weight back on just as quick, I think I might have suggested taking a bilge pump out of the tinny and trying that on board.

Ah yes, the flying cigars. Unfortunately, a good friend of mine was lost in the Lockhart River tragedy in one of those.:yin_yan: RIP Rob Brady

Without starting a 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif fight, I don't wish to discuss the issues there, but they seemed a nice aircraft. Mac still have a few running up here.

I never knew they had a weight gain issue though:laugh:

Fuel burn B727.

Fuel burn ML-SY B727 for the longer version is about 11200 lbs (75 mins total incl taxi) Depends on weight. An empty one could do it on less than 7000 lbs The time would still be the same as the same airspeed/ mach figures are limiting. At the lighter weights you fly at a higher altitude, as well as a lower power setting overall. Nev..

Mate you fly the Pel-Air ones through rain long enough you could pack your boogie board and surf the thing down the back when they're empty.

That wouldn't be fun in the wet season up here.... absolutley shocking trait to have to tolerate. They used to have to start the Garrets with a remote power pack in Bamaga, Makes you wonder why any business would put up with them, being such a can of worms.