Shadow Aircraft Kit

This posted today by a bloke called Neale Dunstan from Singapore on the Australian Facebook site Aviation Buy Sway and Sell. He says it can be a PPG as well as 3 axis. Sounds cool, check it out.........

17966171_10208724515532102_1922410506984741980_o.jpg?oh=c11c163157591ded9dd34a8e4eef4a27&oe=598D684C

This is the text on the Facebook post

Shadow aircraft kit production. Guys (and gals), I'm about to start ordering materials to get the first round of kit production rolling. The Shadow is a 2 seat tandem (2 abreast coming soon) totally modular, keep at home aircraft. The Shadow was primarily designed for use by the RV motorhome community for those people who would like to have an airplane with them while they are touring. It can be towed behind a car on it's own wheels, or mounted on a cradle on the back of an RV motorhome for transport. IT DOES NOT NEED A TRAILER for transportation.

When not in use, the aircraft stores in a small corner of your garage or a corner of someone's hangar. It doesn't burn up space. Storage footprint is 6ft x 3 ft. The wing strips down to bare spar tubes, so again, minimal storage space is required.

It can also be converted between a powered parachute and conventional 3 axis aircraft - reason for this - if you are in an RV, you can have the PPC variant up and flying in about 10 minutes whereas the standard 3 axis aircraft takes about 45 minutes to set up. Powerplant is a Rotax 503 or 582 but other engines can be used (HKS or Hirth). The aircraft is lightweight, max t/o weight is 1000 pounds. Assembly of the kit will take an average person no more than a month, it's all tubular so it's pretty simple.

It is open cockpit (but so are the majority of trikes and PPC's out there), cold weather fairings are coming. You can also mount it on floats for when you want to go swimming (at your favourite beach).

The first aircraft will fly with a wing from another established ultralight while I finalise the new fully modular strip down wing design. I'm in the final assembly stages of the prototype so if you want to be an early bird and get a discounted price on a kit, get in now. I'm offering the first 100 kits at USD $6500 but you need to get a deposit down (USD$500 refundable) via my Paypal account "[email protected]" .

I'm still trying to get the aircraft to Oshkosh but not confirmed yet. Drop me a line at [email protected] if you want more info.

18121609_10208724515492101_5518943591440396702_o.jpg?oh=f3bcb0d9a9a96babd38b1ec42ccb622a&oe=59846C4A

I think you would have to be mad to tow it on it's own suspension.

Ultralights are made..... well..... ultralight. Towing it around aus would be a sure way to shake it to pieces and stuff the suspension.

It would probably fit in a box trailer and they're not too expensive. You can also use the trailer to carry fuel, spares, etc....

• Agree 1