65% scale Fokker DR.I Triplane

dominicm

Steve Carr's DR.I made it's first public appearance at LMA East Kirkby on 29th April and has to be said it was worth the wait. Flown with great skill in less than ideal conditions but Steve likes to put on a show for the crowd.

It has a wingspan of 4.8 metres. It currently has 4 Multiplex Receivers (1 in each wing and 2 in the tail). Servos are all Hitec 44KG torque (3 per aileron, 2 per elevator, 3 for rudder). Onboard power provided by J.Perkins lithium polymer batteries.

Engine is Steve's own design (crank shaft, crank case. manifolds, exhaust and electronic ignition). Cylinders and pistons are from the 3W275 engine giving 550cc.

Lots of additions and modifications are planned for Steve's DR1 in 2017.

Steve Carr's DR.I made it's first public appearance at LMA East Kirkby on 29th April and has to be said it was worth the wait. Flown with great skill in less than ideal conditions but Steve likes to put on a show for the crowd.It has a wingspan of 4.8 metres. It currently has 4 Multiplex Receivers (1 in each wing and 2 in the tail). Servos are all Hitec 44KG torque (3 per aileron, 2 per elevator, 3 for rudder). Onboard power provided by J.Perkins lithium polymer batteries.

Engine is Steve's own design (crank shaft, crank case. manifolds, exhaust and electronic ignition). Cylinders and pistons are from the 3W275 engine giving 550cc.

Lots of additions and modifications are planned for Steve's DR1 in 2017.

WHY?

The pilot just wasn't ready for the day unfortunately. Steve told me the head was done but the shoulders needed making. No doubt he'll have it done by the next show.

He'll be performing extreme aerobatics with it at future shows and will have ~30% more power. It's a scale replica but he'll be flying it in a very non-scale way...just for entertainment of the crowds.

Is that a scatch build or the Hempel ARF? I have a mate near Brisbane that has the Hempel ARF & is accruing funds for a Valach 800cc radial engine to put in it.