Flying again!

Guest Fred Bear

Guest Fred Bear

Hello all. Had an absolutely fabulous day today in the Drifter with our friend Sunny Drifter Driver. Just had to share it as it was amazing to get up there after being on the ground so long due to all this crap that has happened of late etc. Was great! A slight Northerly breeze, a wonderful 200f/min climb rate with 2 solid pilots and some magnificent views. Lightweight flight suit was sufficient today. We also got to test out Sunnys new 'lipstick cam' and cable tie it to various places including the wires and tail. Got some great footage. Now all we have to do is YouTube it. Was great to see how green it is around The Oaks area too after all the rain. Being open-air also meant that we could smell all the grasses and flowers way down below. Magic stuff there. Perhaps we annoyed you IanR down below? We were buzzing around most of the afternoon fiddling with the camera. Just NE of the field and The Oaks township someone had scribed 'I Love U' into the grass with a ride-on mower. All Sunny heard me say into the mic was "I love you". Who knows what the man was thinking??? Anyway, for those of you that are in the same boat and cannot be pilot in command due to injury etc, jump in with someone else and wake up that excitement within that flying brings!

PS Sorry no pics due one hand ability for the time being. Stay safe :yin_yan:

flight video

here`s the link to some of the video footage we taken that day. the bullet cam (new) cost me $58-00 inc. postage from ebay and another $20-00 for wires and sockets from dicksmith`s. I plugged this camera in my digital camcorder which accepts external AV inputs. had some issues with vibrations, might be resolved with thicker padding around camera. will check it out next time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtMw445SZ-A

Guest Fred Bear

Sunny. I could find absolutely nothing wrong with that video mate! Absolutely loved it and would like to congratulate you 110% on your first YouTube attempt. You have blown Emma and I away. Pity about my head in the back seat but congrats mate ;) I will be posting this one all over the net (and giving you the credit)!!!

Nice work Drifter Driver. Good vid.

Nice to see you airborne as well Darren. Love the royal wave from the back seat as well..011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Must try one of them drifters one day...looks a lot like riding a motorbike.;)

Regards

Phil