Savannah Wiring

Techkeeper

Just became a recent member of R.F. Lots of interesting stuff and hours of reading to do. I am an engine repair shop in Nova Scotia; Canada. I am currently installing a Rotax 912 UL in a Savannah (2010). There are a couple wires I am having trouble with behind the dash panel if anyone can help. I have pics of the wires in an email and will try to attach later. Tks.

Here are the pics of the wires in question. In the first image I am not sure about the red and white wires attached together. in the second image the black wire is ground like the rest but the other wire im not sure about. They also have different ends than the rest.

1672712528_savannahwiring1.JPG.7b1fd31200b50262dde022c86d013ffc.JPG

1925116579_savannahwiring.JPG.51f4d8266b7b6c7892b32b28d4e7dc6a.JPG

I have a schematic somewhere but there should be one in your build manual. Just follow the wires from the connectors and see where they go to. I can post you a wiring diagram tonight when I get home if you want. I didnt use the supplied wiring harness in the kit I tossed it and made my own from Tefzel wire not crappy auto wire

• Agree 1

Tefzel is made for aircraft. It has tinned copper wire inside the insulation is much tougher than auto wire and less prone to cracking also is much more fire resistant

Its also more expensive but just far better wire

• Agree 2
  • Helpful 1

Tefzel is made for aircraft. It has tinned copper wire inside the insulation is much tougher than auto wire and less prone to cracking also is much more fire resistantIts also more expensive but just far better wire

If I'm not mistaken the insulation in Tefzel is also formulated to be less toxic to the pilot in case of fire...