The Interesting story of 'BAD ANGEL'

This is a brief story from WW2. It begins with the rather odd 'Kill Score' on a P51 Mustang.'Kills' depicted of all three of the Axis forces during WW2. Plus . .AMERICA ? ?

[ATTACH=full]51415[/ATTACH]

https://southernarizonaguid...

Great story!

And obviously a talented fighter pilot.

I read somewhere that Richthofen, the Red Baron, was actually a very mediocre pilot, but an excellent shot.

Not suggesting Curdes here was a mediocre pilot, but I wonder if he had some have extra experience/ability when it comes to the shooting, and whether that could have been a factor here, too???

Great story!And obviously a talented fighter pilot.

I read somewhere that Richthofen, the Red Baron, was actually a very mediocre pilot, but an excellent shot.

Not suggesting Curdes here was a mediocre pilot, but I wonder if he had some have extra experience/ability when it comes to the shooting, and whether that could have been a factor here, too???

There could well be something in that Bob. . . but to 'take out' two engines sequentially, without injuring or killing Anyone on board, using obviously very accurate 50 Cal.cannon fire was in itself a miracle. Not to denigrate the C47 pilot though, he had to ditch it successfully !