Just landed

Pusher

Hi All

My name is Gary. Used the I'd of Pusher as I currently fly a Sky Arrow. Have owned two other aircraft and worked on building two others.

I was a member of EAA for a long time until moving to AUS. in 1984. I have been doing various research on aviation matters and used this forum often. Thought I had better register to get rid of the note.

Gary

Hi AllMy name is Gary. Used the I'd of Pusher as I currently fly a Sky Arrow. Have owned two other aircraft and worked on building two others.

I was a member of EAA for a long time until moving to AUS. in 1984. I have been doing various research on aviation matters and used this forum often. Thought I had better register to get rid of the note.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the mad house! What did you build & how did it go? I am a member of EAA and take an interest in the Home Builder side of things. My husband has also built. Very satisfying, if not frustrating at times, but a great thing to do.

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Sue

Hi Gary,Welcome to the mad house! What did you build & how did it go? I am a member of EAA and take an interest in the Home Builder side of things. My husband has also built. Very satisfying, if not frustrating at times, but a great thing to do.

And as an aside, Sue I often get asked if I'm Flying Vizsla since I had Vizsla's for many years. And my last one was well known at the airports I went to. Yours looks gorgeous. Big pat from me. :)

And as an aside, Sue I often get asked if I'm Flying Vizsla since I had Vizsla's for many years. And my last one was well known at the airports I went to. Yours looks gorgeous. Big pat from me. :)

That lovely boy died a few years ago. Would love another, but my husband won't let me. His first wife came home with a stray and told him it was staying, however he could leave if he didn't like it. A few years later she died and he was terribly cut up when the dog died a couple of years after. He couldn't handle another. I am very used to the cycle of farm life with dogs coming and going, that's life, and I get over it fairly quickly. If you have any unwanted Hungarian Vizslak - I'll take one - idyllic farm life, cosy house, human to cling to - they are not called the "Velcro Dog" for nothing as you would know.

When I was at Longreach I was often mistaken for the Flying Nun. There's probably a few holiday snaps with me notated as Sister Ann-Marie. Guess they looked at me, the only woman, alone, near a plane, small, slight, long hair, in a dress and decided I had to be a Catholic nun.

• Agree 1

That lovely boy died a few years ago. Would love another, but my husband won't let me. His first wife came home with a stray and told him it was staying, however he could leave if he didn't like it. A few years later she died and he was terribly cut up when the dog died a couple of years after. He couldn't handle another. I am very used to the cycle of farm life with dogs coming and going, that's life, and I get over it fairly quickly. If you have any unwanted Hungarian Vizslak - I'll take one - idyllic farm life, cosy house, human to cling to - they are not called the "Velcro Dog" for nothing as you would know.When I was at Longreach I was often mistaken for the Flying Nun. There's probably a few holiday snaps with me notated as Sister Ann-Marie. Guess they looked at me, the only woman, alone, near a plane, small, slight, long hair, in a dress and decided I had to be a Catholic nun.

I no longer breed dogs, and definitely wouldn't have an unwanted Vizsla. My last one died about 5 years ago. She reached a good age and had been a fantastic family member. I would love another Viz but my current lifestyle wouldn't be fair on the dog. I'm a woman, not small or slight, but used to commute to work in the RV and at times got some very strange looks getting out of the aircraft in a dress. :)

Hi Gary,Welcome to the mad house! What did you build & how did it go? I am a member of EAA and take an interest in the Home Builder side of things. My husband has also built. Very satisfying, if not frustrating at times, but a great thing to do.

Hi Sue

Thanks for the welcome.

I started to build a Lovings Love single seat racer. Was well into fuse build when I met a chap who had just survived a crop dusting incident which made him want to quit flying, as in wife. He had a 90 % complete Stits aircraft that he wanted very little $ for so I jumped at it and I went from racer dreams to very slow and docile. The key was flying within months vs years..was good aircraft for flying in the prairies. Land almosr anywhere,

Second effort started after I came to Oz and retired. Got a T 51 kit and spent two years on it. Biggest problem was a suitable engine. I was wanting to fly again so sold the project and then bought the Sky Arrow, Turned out to be a very good decision. The Sky Arrow is a great plane to fly.

Cheers

Gary

• Like 1