Qld training org

Guest Richarda

Guest Richarda

Hi Guys

I've just started my training, two hours on my log book. Currenly @ Red Cliff airport flying a Texan aircraft.

The rate is 165 per hour.

Is there any one can comment another training organisations that have cheaper rate or better training aircrafts ?

Cheers

Richard,

I'm flying a Jabiru UL-D out of Innisfail in FNQ for $160 per hour, so your $165 sounds pretty reasonable to me, given your location, aircraft and probable demand. Many others have commented about the training received being more important than the hourly cost, and at the 11 hour mark of my own training, I would concur.

My instructor, Ron Watson, ensures that each flight is: 1) safe, 2) building on skills already gained, 3) enjoyable. What this means in relation to the hourly cost is - I don't care. On my salary, any flying is a luxury, so I would rather be getting good value for money, rather than splitting hairs over $150-175 per hour.

If you are enjoying your flying with your current instructor, that's good. If you're a little unsure, consider other schools/instructors.

Enjoy the journey - every training moment is an adventure. :big_grin:

Regards, Mathew

You are the customer, if you aren't happy - vote with your wallet !

There are plenty of alternative schools - go & have a chat with them.

Cheers

John

$165 hr for a texan seems a good rate. Very nice aircraft and will build your confidence quickly. However, as Crezzi says, if you're not happy vote with your feet.

Maybe you could post up what you think is not right and we could have a look at it for you....;)

Regards

Phil

You've probably just got the beginner jitters...it takes some getting used to being up there..its a lot diffrent from a sydney to brisbane flight in a 737..Humans have only been flying for about a century...so thats only a few generations, and our brains havn't had a lot of time to evolve and get used to the idea..hehe..

Is the aircraft stable?? does it fly hands off (trimmed correctly of course)?

Like my forum comrades have said, good quality instruction is the most important thing..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Macnoz

Hi Richarda,

Caboolture recreational aviation as referred to by Crezzi. They have two Gazelles -- which are "easy" training aircraft and much cheaper than you quote -- although a Texan is worth every penny of what you are paying. They also have a few Jabiru 160's and a 170 on the way I believe. More importantly they have cross runways so you wont always have the cross wind that you tend to get in Redcliffe.

Circuits over land and a comfortable distance from the control boundary steps also make it easier there.

If you care to go further up the coast Skyfox Flight Training in Caloundra have a couple of Skyfox ( essentially Gazelles but not qute) with a full time Pilot Examiner on staff. Enjoy your training

john

Guest Macnoz

pps I dont know Profly but have seen one of their students in the club room and their study material handouts were excellent. I fly a similiar Tecnam (Golf P96) to theirs down at Hoxton Park -- and it is a fabulous aircraft.