Site Upgrade

Admin

Hi All, well the upgrade to the site is coming along slowly but still coming along. The Recreational Flying Clear Prop Shop has now been upgraded which will give you an idea on how the forums are planned to look like...a fresh new look and feel.

The shop has always been a 2nd thought to the forum site but I will now bring its focus up a lot. As it has always been purely a means to help pay to keep the forum site up and running and FREE to everyone through you ordering your pilot and aircraft supplies through it, Corrine and I have not given the shop the focus, especially in communication, that we should have. That is now going to change.

We WILL be communicating to you about your order status from the minute you place the order through processing and to its dispatch including tracking numbers. We hope that you will now see a difference in the service the Recreational Flying Clear Prop shop extends to you.

The forum site pages and especially the Home Page will have this new clean look so your comments are greatly appreciated so I can ensure that I take your thoughts into consideration when doing the forum site.

So, Stage 1 of the upgrade is almost completed and I hope you like the new look of the Recreational Flying Clear Prop shop...remember the prices are always heavily discounted, your purchases help to keep the forum site alive and free, and to access the shop simply click "Pilot Shop" in the side menu...thanks for your continued support.

• Like 2

"Feedback on the Clear Prop Shop"

Having recently made my purchase, a ANR Headset (xmas prezzie from the missus to me), I received a call from Ian informing me that my choice was no longer available, he recommended another type which was in stock, slightly dearer, but Ian offered to cover the difference and I received the new headset a few days later, unfortunately I didn't get to have a play or looksee, bloody missus whisk it away and stashed if for Christmas Day, am liking the new Clear Prop Shop look, great customer service, thanks Ian

Brent 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

• Like 1

Oh, also I forgot to mention...

Clear Prop IS BACK

Yes, the shop is back to being simply called Clear Prop and is located back at the web address of www.clearprop.com.au like it use to be.

12 or so years ago we ran a competition here on Recreational Flying on what to call the shop when it was started with the overwhelming result being Clear Prop - The Pilot and Aircraft Supplies Discount Shop.

The only negative thing is that the auto user connection between Recreational Flying and Clear Prop is no more...any new users to Clear Prop will not have their Recreational Flying site registration automatically carried over to Clear Prop. So, on Clear Prop if you are a new user to the shop you will either have to simply check out as a Guest or register as a user there.

The positive thing is the new Clear Prop Shop has been built as a dual shop. From the one installation of the shopping software we will have 2 actual shops, Clear Prop for pilot and aircraft supplies and a 2nd shop, yet to be named, will have its own web address but have general products for sale and be tied to the Whats Up Australia site. But what is great is that some of the products that can be unspecific to either shop can be listed in both shops like tools etc. Tools as one example can be both aviation related and general in nature...so product stock can be shared across both shop sites.

Finally, I just want to thank my son Lachlan who created the look of the Clear Prop shop and subsequently will be the look of this site Recreational Flying. Lachlan is in year 9 at school and is planning on a career in graphic design so thanks for your help Lachlan.

Here is an example of one of his banner designs:

sourcing.gif.dddf282cca02b91df69e145cca66c609.gif

• Like 1

Oh, also I forgot to mention...Clear Prop IS BACK

Yes, the shop is back to being simply called Clear Prop and is located back at the web address of www.clearprop.com.au like it use to be.

12 or so years ago we ran a competition here on Recreational Flying on what to call the shop when it was started with the overwhelming result being Clear Prop - The Pilot and Aircraft Supplies Discount Shop.

The only negative thing is that the auto user connection between Recreational Flying and Clear Prop is no more...any new users to Clear Prop will not have their Recreational Flying site registration automatically carried over to Clear Prop. So, on Clear Prop if you are a new user to the shop you will either have to simply check out as a Guest or register as a user there.

The positive thing is the new Clear Prop Shop has been built as a dual shop. From the one installation of the shopping software we will have 2 actual shops, Clear Prop for pilot and aircraft supplies and a 2nd shop, yet to be named, will have its own web address but have general products for sale and be tied to the Whats Up Australia site. But what is great is that some of the products that can be unspecific to either shop can be listed in both shops like tools etc. Tools as one example can be both aviation related and general in nature...so product stock can be shared across both shop sites.

Finally, I just want to thank my son Lachlan who created the look of the Clear Prop shop and subsequently will be the look of this site Recreational Flying. Lachlan is in year 9 at school and is planning on a career in graphic design so thanks for your help Lachlan.

Here is an example of one of his banner designs:

[ATTACH]52836[/ATTACH]

May pay to check the anti robot validation, comes up as invalid and wont let you register

Thanks Robinsm...all fixed now. The new Clear Prop shop was loaded here under Recreational Flying first so it was using the Key for here but then it was moved to clearprop.com.au and I forgot to change the key

• Like 1