Hello and Merry Christmas

jterry

I live in south Louisiana. I have a 1500 ft strip and a hanger at my home. Presently flying an Aeronca champ and a Thatcher homebuilt. Thinking the Savannah might be a better fit for me. So I am investigating the Savannah. I would like to hear from some Savannah owners as to what they like or don't like about the airplane. Are there any used Savannah planes around?

I live in south Louisiana. I have a 1500 ft strip and a hanger at my home. Presently flying an Aeronca champ and a Thatcher homebuilt. Thinking the Savannah might be a better fit for me. So I am investigating the Savannah. I would like to hear from some Savannah owners as to what they like or don't like about the airplane. Are there any used Savannah planes around?

Hi Jterry,

I have had a Savannah S for a couple of years and like it very much.

I have the long-range tanks, so that gives me 140 litres of fuel. The book gives a burn figure of 18.5 litres an hour, but I have been getting around 15, so that gives me more than 8 hours plus reserve.

I also like the low stall speed of 26 kts (less with just me in the plane), which gives me the best options for getting down safely should the fan stop.

I plan on a TAS of 90kts at 5000 revs, which seems to have been pretty accurate.

I also have the adjustable seats, which I have found to suit most different size people.

So I would recommend it for people like me who like low and slow flying with STOL performance.

HTH

Cheers,

Neil

• Like 1

Hi jterry, welcome.

Question, I like the Savannah very much and have seen it's construction up close (nothing like a Zenith btw) but why would you take one over a Zenith 700 series in the USA where there are many and support is very high?

Just wondering ....