Aircraft covers

My plane was designed to be hangared for most of the time, UV would not agree too well with it. But on odd occasions, it may have to be parked outside, and I would like to have a lightweight uv resistant cover I could carry with me and put over it when I park it.

Is anything like this being sold? or if I have to get it custom made by the local upholsterer, what material would I use? I though maybe along the lines of what they use for car covers.

All my trike covers are Punkinhead, including the camp cover which is always carried on the trike. It covers the entire trike base and folds up to the size of a pencil case.

It sounds like you're looking for something similar to the camp cover Punkinhead makes for trikes. I'm sure Dianne can make some suggestions and may already have some templates for the Cheetah. She gets around.

Cheers,

Glen

Hi Glen

Do you use wing covers ? If so, any opinion on how effective they are at protecting from UV ? (I appreciate its a bit of a hard thing to judge).

Cheers

John

All my trike covers are Punkinhead, including the camp cover which is always carried on the trike. It covers the entire trike base and folds up to the size of a pencil case.It sounds like you're looking for something similar to the camp cover Punkinhead makes for trikes. I'm sure Dianne can make some suggestions and may already have some templates for the Cheetah. She gets around.

Cheers,

Glen

Dianne made my canopy cover based on Garry's Cheetah. I forgot I made mine 2 inches higher in the turtle-deck. Had to extend the straps. She does fine work though.

• 2 weeks later...

Punkinhead (Dianne) made me a complete cover set for the Cobra Arrow, price was around 1,000 -- separate wing covers, fuselage and tail -- all in a lightweight, UV resistant material -- really well made, easy to fit with combination of velcro and quickclip adjustable straps, even has separate covers for the propellor blades - I am really happy with it

Peter