Across the pond to Tassie for Christmas

Matt

Gotta admit to having an absolute ball during all the joyflights I did, it's great to experience the range of emotions that passengers go through during a flight, especially those having their first flights in a small aircraft and really experiencing the freedom and joy of flight that we all know and love.

Cheers,

Matt.

great vid... one day i will get to Tassie....Just a quick question, does the ARDU RAAF paint scheme mean you get less attention from the ASIC nazis?

Not sure, in the 2 and a bit years I've had an ASIC I've only ever had one person ask to look at it - which was an AFP guy at Canberra airport a few months back...I think the plane got his attention and while talking to us about it and where we'd just flown he figured he should ask to see our ASICs while he was there.

Oh, and this is Matt replying, just figured out I'm using Kaz's login.

What sort of Video Camera are you using? Am looking into doing a set up like this for mine and my car too.

G'day Brent,

We've got a Panasonic NV-GS75 MiniDV video recorder. We've had it for about 2 years and it was one of the better models on the market without getting into the "semi-professional" models, the only problem I have with it is it doesn't have an external video input for a "lipstick" type remote camera.

Instead we've recently just bought a neat little all-in-one "action" cam which records onto an SD card. It's made by Oregon Scientific, records 640x480 at 30FPS and will record an hour of footage onto a 2GB card. Hope to get some external footage on our next flights using this camera mounted to various spots such as main undercarriage leg, canopy lever/handle etc. The camera package includes about 5 different mounting systems for various applications, check it out here: http://www.atc2k.com/

Cheers,

Matt.

Guest brentc

So no external inputs obviously? That would be good. I'm after a cheap'ish camera that will handle some external input from a camera mounted outside the aircraft.

• 1 month later...

Hey there guys, all i can say is that looked like a fantastic trip. Great Photos and video's too. I used to live in tassie up behind wynyard, but never been site seeing in the skies, your photos looked unreal. Can't wait till I get my licence.

;);)

Chris