Student pilot

Benawen

Hi Guys and Gals

Just saying G'day from Narromine Aus. I'm a student pilot (hopefully not for too long).

I'd like to one day build a Zenith CH 750 STOL because I'm very interested in off airport flying and traveling to propertys without airstrips.

Thanks

Benawen

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Hi and welcome Benawaen! You have a very nice airport there at Narromine. I stayed at the caravan park next to the airport when I was ferrying my newly purchased aircraft back home last year. The owners/operators were very friendly and helpful people. I can see myself visiting there again sometime in the future.

All the best with your flight training. Where are you at with it?

Hi and welcome Benawaen! You have a very nice airport there at Narromine. I stayed at the caravan park next to the airport when I was ferrying my newly purchased aircraft back home last year. The owners/operators were very friendly and helpful people. I can see myself visiting there again sometime in the future.All the best with your flight training. Where are you at with it?

Yes, the airport here is good and the caravan park here always seems to get great reviews, although I've never stayed there myself.

I've only got one hour up of my Ra-aus pilots licence, so about as new as you can get. I used to be very interested in helicopters, but after seeing the price of the CH750 and the performance it delivers, it's hard to justify the cost of powered rotor craft.

• Like 1

Don't worry, all pilots have to start their aviation journey at some point, the fact that you started means that the tough part is out of the way. I say that the hardest step in aviation is the first one. I'm sure you'll enjoy every step of your flight training. By the way, what are you learning to fly in?

My plane is currently parked next to someone's CH750 in the hanger. It's a nice looking aircraft.

G'day and welcome Benawen

Learning to fly is an awesome thing and I too have a passion for paddock flying, there is something nice about flying out of unprepared strips in a suitable plane!

Don't ever think you will get out of the student phase though! The best mindset when flying is to always be willing to learn never start thinking you have finished learning and that, even if it doesn't make you a better pilot, will make you a better airman. Corny but true.

If you are ever up towards YQDI just yell out, we try to be welcoming up here!

Regards Sam

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Helpful 1