Albury Corryong,Khancoban

stevron

21/3/18 we departed Albury at 900 for Corryong , over the hills were a little turbulent but still a nice run into Corryong, on the ground there waited a RV from Mount Beauty , Rans and a Jabiru from Holbrook and of course my Brumby 610.

We walked into Corryong for a relaxing coffee . After a short break and walk around town , we headed for the air port , with its new facilities and resurfacing , it looked a picture nestled in the lovely valley.

We departed Corryong for Khancoban,this is short 25 mile flight .

Khancoban is a snowy hydro town on the gate way to one of Australia’s finest national parks, With it’s water storage’s and lovely valleys Khancoban offers many things for many people fishing, hiking, biking ,4x4 tracks and camping or just relaxing .

Our group walk to town for a pub meal and a relax .

Before we realised, it was time to head to the planes for the next leg which was to be Tumut, but after some discussion it was decided to fore go this leg for another day. We departed Khancoban for our home bases just as the wind picked up , great timing for a rough trip home. Another great outing , allbeit short in distance, it was interesting .

Lovely mountains and valleys , fantastic aviation conversation and yes, we do live in a great area.

Factory built with a improvement in reliability ie ignition replacement by brumby australia

I would have thought that if the manufacturer makes an improvement by modification or replacement to any part of the Aircraft then it should still be approved under LSA or shoulfd I say if parts used are ASTM approved then it will meet LSA standards if done or approved by manufacturer !

You would need to ask Brumby why they choose to not to certify the modification they fitted , I sure they would be more than happy to talk to you .

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any performance figures. I learned to fly in a Foxbat and I like the plane, however I do want to travel and l’m interested in the brumby, it has nice lines and looks good, to me anyway. I think the Foxbat is a bit slow for long trips.

Do you have any performance figures. I learned to fly in a Foxbat and I like the plane, however I do want to travel and l’m interested in the brumby, it has nice lines and looks good, to me anyway. I think the Foxbat is a bit slow for long trips.

Brumby’s do not climb that well compared to a Fox bat, cruise about 90kts and have about 5 hours useable duration .

Wide cabs , good vision , stable, good under carriage.