Friend Graham flies his Foxbat into Bruntingthorpe

Phil Perry

Recently,  my old mate Graham Wiley and a couple of other ne'er do wells flew into Bruntingthorpe, in West Leicestershire . . .as you can see on the video, the runway is endless, ( I think it follows a great circle around the Earth and ends up in Narnia. . . )   Actually, it Isn't the longest runway in Europe, but it Is one of the top ones. . .  they have Sunday markets there, but allow visitors to land at the other end during Market days,  as there is perfect safety due to it's length. . .

It has some interesting Cold War aircraft stored there, they are all volunteer maintained by ex-service personnel. . .and  some of which come out for high speed taxying, but are not allowed to fly. . .

This is a BookFace video ( sorry )

Never flown into or been to Bruntingthorpe , but I do think that even I could manage to land on that runway . Do you remember the Victor bomber that accidentally got airborne during a fast taxi run after encountering “ unexpected strong wind gusts” ?  . That’s was classic .

I did happen to notice the Dog and Partridge pub at the end of the video , is that a local watering hole to Otherton ? 

Hiya Mate. . .the Dog is only a couple of miles from the field, I think it's Graham's local. . .well, there are 2 Grahams in that video actually, both Foxbat owners . .

I DO recall the Victor 'Bunnyhop' incident too, . . . can't remember if the 'Pilot' got into any bother about it though. . . One of our members was banned for 3 months for doing that in a machine without a permit to fly. . .