Engine search

stol1

Derek, life's too short for negativity - it was just my sense of humour that's all.

Dunno if there is an aeroclub de brive but the other weekend my Dutch pal and I were out flying our Weedhoppers together and landed at the ULM club airfield at Terrasson (not far from Brive) on a beautiful Sunday morning that was ideal for flying. And there was nobody there. I said to him that it's funny, the French have a beautiful country with the most relaxed flying regime in Western Europe and at almost every airfield we go to it's only us two foreign buggers who are flying. I don't know if it's because money is generally tight in France (which it is no matter what the EU tries to say about how wonderful everything is) or what but it's true.

If you're ever back over again in this neck of the woods just give me a shout and it would be my pleasure to give you a taste of the Dordogne from the air. That goes for anyone actually.

• Like 1

Must have more or less flown over his house! Lanzac is 40 km to the south east of where I live as the ultralight flies on an almost direct line to the famous village built into a hillside of Rocamadour, which I've flown over and around and photographed. As many before me also have.

Interesting information but I will continue on my build till I am just about finished, then make the decision. If I had to decide now, I would lighten the ea81 with custom built parts, an swing a 70-72 inch prop with spg3 re drive, ratio being 2.34/ 1. I think I can get the weight down in the 170 pound range. After a cam re-grind, and head work, it should be around 100 horses. Just extra build time.