Sonex or Ch601/650 kits

MartyG

Hey guys, Anyone in the Qld Southeast in the process of building either a Sonex or Zenith601/650 & wouldn't mind someone popping in to check it out, Plenty of YouTube stuff on builds but would like to see one in the flesh. Cheers

I have a completed Sonex Waiex at Kilcoy that you’re welcome to check out.

Cheers m8, I,ll give you a yell when i can get up that way as long as it suits you of course, hopefully next week. cheers

Hi Marty,

I just found your post and wanted to say hello.

I have recently assumed the Zenith Aircraft Australian distributor role. I would be happy to contact some of our clients in your area to arrange an inspection of a Zenith low-wing design.

I have also looked long and hard at Sonex (I was a Zenith client before a distributor). It is fair to say the are similar in many respects. The new B models are a great improvement on the previous offering.

The extra room, fuel and panel space brings the Sonex up to where the Zeniths have been for decades. Most differences now are cosmetic or not worth squabbling over.

Some differences, however, should sway your purchase decision.

Sonex is aerobatic. Zeniths are not. Pilots do perform aeros in Zenith designs, but they were not built with this in mind.

Zeniths have a local rep (me ), a long history and a load of support. Our engine choices are the best in the industry and we supply tough aircraft that look great.

Let me price some options for you, and you could be building in a week. I actually have a CH650 tail kit and plans here that you can get a start on.

Bye for now,

James.

• Like 1