Scenic flight to Lady Musgrave Island

Bridgy89

Hi guys,

I am taking my GF on a bit of a surprise getaway in January up to 1770 for a couple of days and was wondering if there is anyone on here that does some flying in and out of Agnes Waters strip or in that general area... I want to do a flight while i'm up there out to Lady Musgrave Island and around some of the others out there... 

Just wondering if anyones know some of the local procedures or any advice?

Cheers,

Kyle.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kyle, I've flown in there a couple of times. A bit of a mixture of gravel/grass 1nm north of Agnes. 15/33. Cost me $20 to park the plane for the weekend.

Call Les Woodall 0428 661434. Not sure what the situation is now. I flew in there before the Cessna incident on the beach...last year?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I am taking my GF on a bit of a surprise getaway in January up to 1770 for a couple of days and was wondering if there is anyone on here that does some flying in and out of Agnes Waters strip or in that general area... I want to do a flight while i'm up there out to Lady Musgrave Island and around some of the others out there... 

Just wondering if anyones know some of the local procedures or any advice?

Cheers,

Kyle.

Kyle

I fly in and out of there every weekend give Woody a call GA $50 RA $20 landing fees RW is 14/32 if possible use 14 for landing and 32 for take off lots of kangaroos do a low level run down the strip to clear if you are lucky they will move off the strip in there in my 210 last weekend had to touch down about 350 metres in as the Roos would not shift still plenty of room but be aware.

Take care taking off on 32.

It is possible for there to be a South Easterly wind blowing above the trees, but not showing on the windsock. It will give you a low level view of the creek as you go over it. Definitely not for an underpowered plane on a hot day.

• 2 weeks later...

Trip went well thanks guys!! I landed no problems... just really turbulent!! Had to get the roo's off in the morning at BOD and took off 14 which was fine, I think in a under powered airplane like a skipper you would really have to think about the high ground if taking off 14

• Like 1