Delta Airlines

Guest ozzie

Yes. We flew from LAX to Vegas return one year. They are safe they have had they 3 crashes so they won't have another.

They take things literally thou. We had 10 family members flying on that trip and when I approached the counter the girl asked me where we would like to sit. Being and Aussi I said 10 windows seats please. she laughed and just kept tapping away on the key board. A few minutes latter she appoiagised and said that she could only get 8 window seats. I then said to her that I was only joking. We were spread from the front row right through to the back row with no less than two rows between any of us. On the way back I just shut up.

Ianrat

CH 601 XL B

Brisbane

Australia

Yeah i flew Delta from LAX to Las Vegas.... Las Vegas to Minnesota then to New York.... Orlando to Memphis then back to LAX...

What I found was Delta were always on time with flights but you have to pay a $20 baggage fee for each flight. I flew JetBlue from New York to Orlando and the baggage fee was $2 plus they have TV in their aircrafts at the back of the seats and when you have 13 flights, you want something to do! lol

We just arrived in Chicago tonight with Delta on our way to Oshkosh. Just make sure you are on time a yank says that Delta over sell the seats by 10% hoping that some passengers don't turn up. What we saw was that they had to turn some pass away to the next flight. That would be a real bumer if you had a connecting flight.

I'm currently somewhere out the back of Alaska, we came up on Jet Blue. I've used them before and I like them. I don't think they are connected to Virgin Blue, they're a lot better anyway and cheaper. May not do your route of course.

I'd like to go to Oshkosh but fighting to find a rental car and a room sounds all too hard, was tough enough getting places up here.... plus I like to minimise my flying in the US due to the creepy TSA thugs.

Guest ozzie

Yes domestic flight all over booked see my Airventure report for my little mishap. But overall so far pleased> i am a little worried about the return leg with only 40 minutes between my connecting flights out of LAX to SYD. Not to keen on missing and having to see who pays for the overnight if i miss it.

Overall pleased with my treatment.

Ozzie

Guest ozzie

Yes 40 mins.

security is much better here now lot more friendly. i suppose people had just had enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually just went through LAX again earlier this week and was pleasantly surprised, the TSA were OK and everything flowed well. Got to MEL and everything was broken (lifts, toilets, baggage claim, transfer system - all not working) and security was dog slow. Sad to see old pensioners with suitcases stumbling down flights of steps given that the airport charges such exorbitant fees.

The only problem i had with Going though LAX was that we arrived at 6.30 am half an hour early and we had to stay in the aircraft until TSA and customs started work at seven. The Aussie security nutters should take a trip to the USA and learn how to treat people. I ended up getting used to being called 'Sir' ALL the time every where i went.