A350 Sneak Preview - Richard de Crespigny

A friend of mine forwarded this to me, he provides the Introductions for Capt. Richard de Crespigny's fascinating talks in which he describes the mindboggling events that immediately followed the engine burst on QF32 soon after it departed Singapore.

The event has been fittingly described -

QF32 will remain as one of the finest examples of airmanship in the history of aviation. (Carey Edwards, "Airmanship" p18)

Capt. de Crespigny provides a special sneak preview on his blog, of the new A350, about to begin flight testing. And there are links to his book QF32 for those who enjoy the inside story ... it's a hell of a read, see the reviews from Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger and Neil Armstrong among others.

Guest Howard Hughes

Is it just me, or does the post not really correspond with the title? Apart from the obvious link. Feeling a little ripped off!

Is it just me, or does the post not really correspond with the title? Apart from the obvious link. Feeling a little ripped off!

It's just you HH [ATTACH]16909[/ATTACH]

The link is under the main photo - Here A350 there's more on RdC's blog, sorry if you didn't find it interesting, I did.

hihi.gif.5c9841ddf57cf91b17db11b87b63d6e3.gif

I'm not a fan of the new Dreamliner by Boeing. I guess this is meant to compete with it. Most of this stuff is very fuel efficient with low seat mile costs compared to earlier jets. Nev