Drifter Training

Hi All

I've been reading a bit about these drifter planes and they sound like the motorcycle of the sky.

I think I need to have a go in one.

Would anybody here like to recommend a training facility around Melbourne that could accomodate me?

There is one other thing as well....some people are built for speed and the rest of us are built for comfort... I am a comfortable 108kg and about 5'10". Will a drifter put up with this?

Regards

Phil

Quote 'I think I need to have a go in one'. Hi Phil, I'm with you on this one. Drifters and Thrusters haven't been my thing until now. The more I read and hear about them, the more they whet my appetite. So, people, anybody near Adelaide flying one of these and needs a pax, just let me know.

Guest Juliette Lima
Quote 'I think I need to have a go in one'. Hi Phil, I'm with you on this one. Drifters and Thrusters haven't been my thing until now. The more I read and hear about them, the more they whet my appetite. So, people, anybody near Adelaide flying one of these and needs a pax, just let me know.

Hi Phil,

Try Allsports flying school Sunbury...(03) 97441305....I had some flights from there a few years back and they had two drifters operating from there then....not sure now.

The vision from the front seat of a drifter has to be experienced....magic.

5'10" no problem...108 Kg fine in practice however might be a little over the recommended front seat limit.

Cheers

JL

PS. Sorry Doug not sure about Adelaide

Phil,

JL is right, Airsports at Sunbury have a Strut Braced Drifter with a Rotax 618. Great machine.

I was told that due to the recent interest in these types, their 2nd drifter may get put back into service. Time will tell.

Mike

Thanks for your replies all. I think sunbury is having a flyin in april sometime. I'll get over there and have a sausage and see if I can score a fly in a drifter.;) oh, just thought of something.....it's the sausages that cause me to be comfortable...:confused:

Regards

Phil