Bendigo Flying Club Aviation Swap Meet

Guest Wayne

Ian, not sure if i posted this in the correct place feel free to move.

Want a great weekend in Bendigo.

AVIATION SWAP MEET

BUY SELL SWAP-

ALL THINGS AVIATION

www.bendigoflyingclub.org

15 TH – 16 TH MARCH 2008

BUY /SELL/SWAP MEMORABILIA

AIRCRAFT -ALL TYPES FORGOTTEN PROJECTS

AIRCRAFT PARTS INSTRUMENTS

ENGINES SELL YOUR SPARE

GREAT FOOD & DRINKS STALL SITES AVAILABLE

NO LANDING FEES OVER NIGHT SECURITY

AIR DISPLAYS: PIP BORMAN’S EDGE 540

NANCHANGS

HOT AIR BALLOON

GATE ENTRY FEE: $5-00 PER ADULT (CHILDREN UNDER 15 YRS FREE)

STALL HOLDERS & FLY-IN AIRCRAFT FREE

Time

: Gates open 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.

Where: Bendigo Airport

Victor Road, BENDIGO

www.bendigoflyingclub.org Email: [email protected] (EMAIL YOUR INTEREST)

For more information contact: Errol McClelland 0429 396 939 or George Martin 0428 590983

Hi Wayne

I put Recreational Flying name down for that - sent an email off to the club on the 21st Jan and I haven't heard anything back - do you know anything about this?

Hi Ian, Spoke to the Club CFI, he will check at the club meeting tonight. and make sure your have a return email in the next couple of days. not sure how its been missed but you should have had a reply. Look forward to seeing you there and the shop if you can make it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Wayne

Will be good to see you there, The club are looking at making the Swap Meet a bi annual event if it takes off. So far its looking good people have booked a heap of sites and boxes of old aircraft parts are arriving at the club for sale. hell i dont even know what some of them are or what they do.

Catch up with you in a couple of weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wayne

big pete see you this weekend looks like nice weather for the Swap, looks like we will have a good number of people flying in and a heap of sites have been booked so hope we may pick up something, Ian still needs to talk me into buying the Garmin 296 make sure you bring one Ian Hint Hint.

I will be bringing 2 Garmin 296's and 2 Garmin 96c's ;)

What are the details Wayne - what time should I get there to set up - is it only the Sat or Sun as well?

Guest Wayne

Ian the gates open at 9am Saturday and sunday, close at 4pm each day for the public. Some stall holders are arriving friday to set up. you can arrive any time you like to set up. on the Saturday there is a rescue display by SES at 12, Fire Bombing Display at 1.00, provided the fleet are not off fighting fires and Pip Borman with his flying display at 2.00. Look forward to catching up again.

Guest Decca

Any early reports available yet on the success of the Bendigo swap-meet???

Come in Peter, come in Ian.

Decca.

I got there at 0830 - I was 1st to park in the visiting aircraft area (no bloody prize though!). 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif Ian was there just finishing setting up the tent. (Ian's dad, Jack was also there). :thumb_up:

Got myself a new ERSA (yahoo - legal again). ;) Bought the dearest cuppacino I have ever paid for (4.50 sheese) thumb_down and spent a couple of hours looking at all the bargains and different aeroplanes (lots of, both GA and RAA) 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Saw Mr Morgan and his lovely maroon aeroplane (Siera?) and nearly convinced him I was a genuine prospective buyer (for a free demo ride) when one of my d/head mates asked me how my Jab was going. :confused:068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif:yuk:

Caught up with Wayne of these forums and had a great chat with him - last saw him and Ian swapping old radio annoucer stories from the past - seems they were both "super stars of radio" SOME TIME AGO......:big_grin::big_grin:

Pip Borman bored the crap out of every body with his impossible acrobatic display - C'mon Pip I've seen it before.....(He!He!He!) 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

Pip is one of those pilots who's aeroplane dosen't know about the laws of flight......question.gif.c2f6860684cbd9834a97934921df4bcb.gifquestion.gif.3fab79942766b9e477be0b131a0a3b3b.gif

Took my camera to get some real good pics for you all, you know - Fully automatic digital wonder with 8 zillion pixels, 40 x optical lense, and

NO memory card installed - aw S:censored::censored:T

Did remember to wear my hat - so tired but happy and unsunburnt 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif - I flew my little Jabby back to Echuca (hot and bumpy) and that's that.

regards

Guest Wayne

Hey BigPete glad to see you got home ok, just got home a while ago and im roooooo hmm Tired. great to catch up with you next time im in Echuca for work I will have to give you a yell and check out your Jab. Decca, the day was good as far as im concerned shame that alot of people who booked sites didnt turn up. poor Ian had a site in desert, way away from every one else and He didn't even get to sell me the Garmin 296. "YET" It will be interesting to see how many stay for tomorrow, I know Ian is on his way home and i don't blame him 38 degrees in a small tent all day.

I think the club are happy, It was the first one and looks like we will learn and try and make it bigger and better for next time.

Ok Pete im going to go and dream of taking the Sierra, or the Tecnam P2002, or the eurofox home tomorrow. Cheers guys

Guest palexxxx

I attended today (Sunday). I asked the bloke at the gate if there were still lots of exhibitors/stall holders there. Paid my money, went in and saw only three stalls with nothing of interest. I won't be back.

Guest Decca

That's no good Peter (PXXXX). Not even if it is bigger & better next time?

I bet Ian wasn't happy Wayne. I guess the measure of holding an event such as this (for your club Captains) is not the gate-takings, but the feedback from patrons, stall-holders & any others you can get. This will be an indicator of how successful the next might be. I don't know what you do about the no-show stall holders.

But Big Pete I did enjoy your post, so much so I couldn't see any disappointment there.

Regards, Decca.

I'm with palexxxx here.

Drove up from Melbourne this morning with the family. Paid to get in and I dont mind too much if the CFA picks up the gate takings but the swap meet left a little to be desired.

Like palexxxx said, 5 or so stalls and a few planes on the flight line.... not worth the trip.

Dissappointed.

Regards

Phil

Guest Wayne

Yep sorry guy's what can i say. We had a good number of people who booked stalls in fact by the plan we were not going to be able to fit many more. Don't know if it was the heat, 38 was hot, but most did not turn up. Saturday was good with the flying display's but Sunday was a flop and many took the opportunity to go before the heat of the day. Hey we gave it a go, we tried something that all of us should have enjoyed. We gave it a go.

I recon you just need to run it one day only - either Saturday or Sunday - with enough notice so that we can organize ourselves to be there. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Maybe we should all wear some method of ID, so that members of this forum can recognize each other whenever they attend an event like this - that way we convert it to a mini flyin. :thumb_up:

regards

Guest Decca

Wayne don't be too hard on yourself.

1. There's not a thing you can do about the weather.

2. It's a learning experience, & next year you'll come back stronger, keep the succesful bits & iron out the negatives.

You'll have to because I'm going to be well enough to do a lot more than I've done the last 8 months & one of those things is getting to the Bendigo Airport Aviation Swap Meet in 2009!025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Regards, Decca.

Guest Wayne

Thanks Decca, hey you never know you may even be able to fly up ! I asked Ian how you were going and he filled me in a little, so I hope your doing well. It was good to catch up with Ian and Pete on the Saturday and Pip Borman was fantastic to watch and listen to as he did his show. Hope to hear of your progress in the air as you get get well again.

I was going to stay for the Sunday but it was simply the heat. With Sunday being close to 40 again, my father who is 76 years old sitting in a hot tent, I just felt it was better to come back home. A single day event I feel would be the way to go next time.

Great to meet up with you guys and thanks to Wayne for the entertainment and big Pete for the conversation on politics, religion and ...

I had to work Sat, but made it Sunday before scooting to MEL to pickup Robyn.

While there was not much in the way of stalls, the friendliness made up for it.

Remember, I went after lunch, and things were being packed up, but it was a bloody horrible day being around 40 degrees.. and there was no way this could have been factored for.

Still, top marks for what the BFC did. There were some nice planes on the flight line, and a few for sale.. some new stuff as well as classics such as a Bonanza and a 1966 PA28.. as well as a few other things. It was nice to get up close and personal with a well worked C337.

The biggie was hearing - and seeing the success of the clubs Tecnam... The plane was the only one swamped with onlookers.

If Bendigo has another.... I will be back, for sure.

Ben

Not an excuse but I was pre booked so could not attend. That said - what is the story with booking a stand and not fronting?

To the organizers - did you collect deposits (or hopefully the whole fee?)

What does it take in this day and age to have people honour their commitments?

I am not singling out the flying community here but it seems that people now take great liberties with their word, their reputation and their honour. Something that rarely happened in the past.

This is becoming the norm and it is not good enough. Take a look at the sign on the gate people. It says Australia, lets all act proudly and honour our commitments.

Mark