Ex student FA on Virgin Blue

Tim E

After my grump about Jetstar before, I ran into an ex student this evening.

She gave me the great news she is working as a flight attendant with Virgin Blue..and loving it. She said they were a great company to work for and she is so happy to be doing a job she just loves. I'm sure you would relate to that Darren!

One of the privileges of teaching is having ex students running up and saying "Hello" and wanting to hear about you and to tell you how they are going.

P.S I'm sure Jetstar does a lot of things well..just the reported PR incident didn't go down well with me at all..I think they handled that one badly.:frown:

If you come across a happy Virgin Blue flight attendant named Ferne, tell her I wrote all about her on TAA!

P.S When I mentioned I was keen to fly VA to Los Angeles one day soon, she said she had been on the plane a couple of times and that I'd love it!

Guest OzChris

Sounds like you are a well liked teacher Tim!

...as an ex Ansett and Qantas FA - I can honestly say its the BEST job in the world!

Thanks mate..yes its one of the things that make teaching so rewarding..and great to see them go on into a happy life and career.

Funny to think she probably flies overhead here in Wang (where she has lived all of her life till now) several times a week.

One thing I mentioned to her was when I was on a US Airways flight from Philadelphia to New Haven, I sat up in seat 1 A (as a reward for a late US Airways flight missing my original connection)..and got to talk with the FA there..we had a great conversation through the flight..and she said that she had never flown before she took on the FA course! See attached thumbnail..Liz my US Airways FA Phil -New Haven last September.

Ferne said some of her co trainees were the same..never flown before.

Oh..in addition to her FA career , she also mentioned she has started her pilots training course at Moorabbin..I think she said someone from VB does a some of the training there..she says she can't wait to get her licence! Lucky girl!

[ATTACH]17868[/ATTACH]

DSC02199.jpg.f3af7c2dba30c69371a9daba332cd377.jpg

Guest Darren Masters

It is indeed fun. I am having a ball! The morale is very high in JQ AKL base (right now anyway). Yes, it is a brand-new base. I am mentally drained from using alot of the emergency equipment today though. :eek:

Loved the :eek: icon Darren! LOL Guess after a while it all becomes second nature but having so much new "stuff" thrown at you initially can be exhausting trying to take it all in at once.

I'm sure she would have enjoyed meeting you Robbo..and when she said she came from Wang you would have asked if she knew me and you both would have laughed at how small a world it is.!

A few weeks ago my Mum and Dad got lost while driving in rural SE Qld and stopped my a gate at a property. Mum, who is always a chatter box lol, mentioned to the gentlemen at the gate who they asked for directions that they were ex Mount Isans. The gentlemen said "I used to live in Mount Isa and they had a great Gliding Club and he always wondered what happened to his instructor and that he had never forgotten those wonderful times"....Dad, who the gentleman couldn't see clearly as he was in the drivers seat leans over and lo and behold it was one of his students from more than 30 years ago. They were so excited and amazed to have met out of the blue on a dead end road in the middle of nowhere. They had dinner together and spent hours catching up.

That is a wonderful and amazing story winsor68 . Things seem to happen like that don't they. You have just given me an idea for a new thread on amazing coincidence things like that.