measurements

Pete777

Hi,

Can someone clarify some measurements for me please. distance from Threshold to touch down marks on an international runway. I know there are two stanards used ...hmm cant think of the words or letters, but one is 1500 and one 2000.

- ta, Pete

Hi,Can someone clarify some measurements for me please. distance from Threshold to touch down marks on an international runway. I know there are two stanards used ...hmm cant think of the words or letters, but one is 1500 and one 2000.

- ta, Pete

I've been waiting for an opurtunity to answer a question with complete confidence. And this one I can... A/ I don't know.... But I'm guessing that if you look in the Jeppersen manual and/or Casa's Manual of Standards (MOS), you may well find your answer.:luck:

Thanks Guys,

Lots of great suggestions to find the info - and I followed them up, ta. I'm assuming the new CASA way was impelmented when the new surface went down and the line marking. This came about from a Cathay pilot asking which method we use at YMML, when he was told its the ICAO way he doubted that as he was sure it was around the 2000mtr from point to point when he flew in moments ago, well it stumped the tower and the Airfield Safety Officer said it was correct, but it got folks thinking, hmmmm thus my question. Well I'll have to check it out next time I'm out there. thanks again.