Hunter Valley Flying

Flyer1

Hi all, (hope this is in the right section)

Looking for some help here. I've recently moved to Australia from Ireland, i'm working up in the Hunter Valley area near Muswellbrook. I've got an Irish PPL and hoping to convert it to an Australian one.

Can anyone shed any light on where is a good place to carry out the conversion and rent an aircraft at a reasonable rate ?

Cheers,

Brian.

G'day Brian - I'm not far away at Denman. To do your PPL conversion contact Ben Wyndham at Airspeed Aviation Scone http://www.airspeedaviation.com.au/index.html That is your nearest point of call otherwise Maitland (Royal Newcastle Aero Club) or Cessnock.

Not sure if/what Ben hires as I fly RAAus, with my own aircraft out of my farm at Denman. At a guess I'd say you are working on one of the Studs, yes?

Check with DEX, a regular here, who lives up Scone way. There is also Royal Newcastle Aero Club to the north of Maitland

That Dex, man faster than a two finger typist. Thanks Dexter

Thanks for the replies folks.

Cheers Dex, I'll try get in contact with Ben this week and see can I arrange something, I popped in to Cessnock on my way down to Sydney the weekend but its a little far from where i'm working to be getting down there for a flight. I've only been in the country a month so far but i'm getting withdrawal symptoms !

I'm working in a mine at the moment, involved in drill site prep for future expansion of the mine. A new experience for me but I could definitely see myself getting used to the nice hot days you guys have.