Scammers

Robbo

Really........ I don't understand how people keep falling for stuff like this

Gordon police are warning residents about a recent scam involving the sale of a motor home.Police have been told that sales advertisements have been placed in regional newspapers in relation to a motor home for sale.

The motor home has NSW registration and is listed for sale at $15,000.

The advertisement appears to have been copied from an original advertisement which shows the price of the vehicle at $50,000.

A fake phone number is provided so interested buyers end up making contact via the email address which is [email protected]

Details are exchanged, including a story about the seller having to return to the United Kingdom for a family emergency.

The seller asks for payment via bank transfer and that the vehicle will then be delivered within days by a friend but the vehicle never arrives.

Police enquiries have lead them to similar advertisements in three different states and at least ten victims of the scam.

Police are warning the public about the dangers of sending money overseas for items they have never seen in person.

Anyone who has been contacted or is aware of similar scams is asked to contact their local police or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or www.crimestoppers.com.au

Belinda Batty

Media Officer

VP19559/2013

Guest David C

Beats me too ...But hey , listen to this .. I must be the luckiest bloke alive . Just in the space of one week , I won 860,000 pounds in a free UK lottery I hadn't even entered , I was the 999,999 visitor to a website and won heaps there , and to cap it off I inherited 27M Rand from my South African family I never knew of ... I' m just waiting now to receive my cash after paying out my hard earned to get the ball rolling ..

Dave C

David!!!!!

Noooooooo I got that message to !!!!

Had to laugh a few months back, I actually replied to an email agreeing and thank if for finding me.... long email trail in the end I made him give me his account and address details to send the check then I Google mapped him and scared the crap out him posting his address and image of his house every where.

Best one was when I got a phone call telling me my computer had a virus and he had to tap into it (mind you i had a mac at the time) anyway I agreed mind you I am a self trained computer programmer something I learnt during lunchtimes hacking the school network to get cheat sheets, anyway I booted up an old windows pc and gave him all the details (ip address) so he could login mind you this computer was full of viruses so let him tap him at the same time intercepting his email and doing a reverse attack so I ended up taking control of his pc got all his details and downloaded his personal photos.

In the end I said to him "do you realise you have called the after hours number for the Australian Federal Police computer crime squad and he said yer good on you "you stoopid dork" in broken english and I said oh really??? Then I released a trojan into his pc corrupting his pc memory and formatting his hard drive all while random pictures of his flashing up deleting in front of him.

He ended up begging me to forgive him i just laughed!!!!

Some more interesting story's

www.419eater.com.

Some of them are a bit rough around the edges. Most tell you they are from Microsoft, but I had one call from a person with a very heavy accent from a best left unamed Central Asian country, who started the call with "Hello, I am from Windows".

Cheers, Willie.

It appears this one is on the go again:

Please read below and pass on to your family & friends.

Got a call last night from an individual identifying himself as an Telstra Service technician who was conducting a test on our Telephone lines.

He stated that to complete the test I should touch nine(9),zero ( 0), hash (#) and then hang up. Luckily, I was suspicious and refused.

Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your telephone line, which allows them to place long distance telephone calls billed to your home phone number.

I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many of the local Jails/prisons.

DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE. PLEASE pass this on to your friends.

If you have mailing lists and/or newsletters from organizations you are connected with, I encourage you to pass this on.

Stephen Cooper

Detective Senior Constable 29748

Victoria Police State Crime Squads

Level 12, 412 St Kilda Road, Melbourne

(03) 9865 2663 (03) 9865 2663 or 0414644499

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2118912

Guys,

I received the following SMS today:

"Hello,

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have

discovered that you are eligible to receive a tax refund $892.83

Please go to www.etax-refund.com.au/tax-return and complete the

process with your details in order to receive your refund.

Australian Taxation Office"

Sender was "TaxReturn"

Whois response for etax-refund.com.au:

Domain Name etax-refund.com.au

Last Modified 21-Jun-2013 14:41:23 UTC

Registrar ID Crazy Domains

Registrar Name Crazy Domains

Status ok

Registrant Olfive Accounting and Taxation Services Pty Ltd

Registrant ID ABN 86154145187

Eligibility Type Company

Registrant Contact ID R-012860801-SN

Registrant Contact Name Sofiah Alep

Registrant Contact Email [email protected]

Tech Contact ID C-005447071-SN

Tech Contact Name Sofiah Alep

Tech Contact Email [email protected]

Name Server ns1.gratisdns.dk

Name Server ns2.gratisdns.dk

Name Server ns3.gratisdns.dk

There website is a carbon clone of the ATO website, I called the number spoke to an Australian message service, she said they only take and over flow put me through to the company and I swear i went to some overseas person. They said they reported it to the ATO

This could either be someone has used there company details to register the domain name (very easy to do as no proof of ownership is required just an abn or acn) or this was in fact a company setup for fraud with an Australian messaging service taking over flow of calls. But when I called and got transferred alarm bells started ringing, I don't fall for this stuff but thought i would sus out what was happening. This company that registered the domain has the domain olfive.com.au and that is seeming sus to me, What sort of accounting company has a contact by skype option?, Also the collins street Melbourne address they listed appears to be a virtual mailbox along with the others being virtual addresses. Alarm bells are making me go deaf!. But then again the company could be victim of a scam themselves but its now over to the ATO & AFP

I had a telephone call which was somewhat similar. The caller had a foreign accent which was not distinctly Asian or Indian. He gave something purporting to be a name, but it wasn't anything I recognised, and when I asked him to repeat it, he wasn't any clearer. He claimed to be from the Federal Government Refunds Dept., saying that I was entitled to a refund of overcharged bank fees totalling about $5,000. He had my correct name and address and wanted to know if I wanted a cheque or direct credit to my bank account. I asked if this was some sort of scam. He said, "Wait a moment..." then the line went dead.

I called the police, who said it was definitely a scam, and suggected I complete a report on the Scamwatch website. I did so, but have had no further response.

I rung the above number and said i was calling from the Australian Federal Police Cyber Crime Department, for some reason he did not want to talk to me, called 2 hours later pretending I was someone else looking for the tax refund he was "more the helpful" and then I said remember me? I spoke to you earlier from the AFP strange he did not want to help me any more ...

False text message racket cashes in on mobile phone charges

PHONE scammers are ripping off Victorians with expensive text messages they never sent.

IT manager Grant Delahoy was stung with a $178 bill for "Premium SMS Messages" he supposedly sent to online competitions while asleep. The messages cost up to $6 a text and are not covered in capped plans. It is understood the scammers, who appear to be based in Eastern Europe and Germany, are setting up the contest websites and then using phone apps and computer software to run up the dodgy bills.

Read More: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/false-text-message-racket-cashes-in-on-mobile-phone-charges/story-fni0fee2-1226668456799