Flight Safety Magazine - back in print

FlyingVizsla

Flight Safety Australia magazine back in print – subscribe today

Flight Safety Australia, CASA’s flagship aviation safety magazine, is back in print due to popular demand!

Subscribe now to the new quarterly print edition of Flight Safety Australia at the CASA Online Store.

• $39.95 for four issues a year (delivered within Australia).

• Early-bird offer: subscribe early and choose to receive a free gift with your subscription (pilot kneeboard, fuel drain or multi-tool—available while stocks last).

• Don’t miss out on the first edition—subscribe by 25 August to receive the Spring edition this September.

• Subscriptions that commence after 25 August will receive the Summer edition in December.

Each issue is 64 pages packed with feature articles and news, historical crash analysis, accident reports, close calls, quizzes and a new, high-impact ‘Crash Comic’.

It's aviation safety presented in a topical, timely and reader friendly way using the power of storytelling.

Subscribe now at the CASA Online Store.

The last thing I'd do is pay CASA to read their propaganda.  If anyone finds it's actually useful and doesn't simply parrot CASA's opinion of itself, then I'll call the editor myself and apologize.  

Flight Safety Australia magazine back in print – subscribe today

Flight Safety Australia, CASA’s flagship aviation safety magazine, is back in print due to popular demand!

Subscribe now to the new quarterly print edition of Flight Safety Australia at the CASA Online Store.

• $39.95 for four issues a year (delivered within Australia).

• Early-bird offer: subscribe early and choose to receive a free gift with your subscription (pilot kneeboard, fuel drain or multi-tool—available while stocks last).

• Don’t miss out on the first edition—subscribe by 25 August to receive the Spring edition this September.

• Subscriptions that commence after 25 August will receive the Summer edition in December.

Each issue is 64 pages packed with feature articles and news, historical crash analysis, accident reports, close calls, quizzes and a new, high-impact ‘Crash Comic’.

It's aviation safety presented in a topical, timely and reader friendly way using the power of storytelling.

Subscribe now at the CASA Online Store.

Thanks  for posting Sue

Really informative to see all those resources at the CASA shop. I didn’t even know that it existed. Some useful material there!

Alan 

The last thing I'd do is pay CASA to read their propaganda.  If anyone finds it's actually useful and doesn't simply parrot CASA's opinion of itself, then I'll call the editor myself and apologize.  

Those of us who have been around for years grew up reading the "Crash Comic".  In the 1980's & 1990's our students (and old hands) would read the true stories of "what went wrong" and many a fruitful discussion was had about how to avoid the same mistake.  On-line hasn't been as successful as you have to access each article in a disjointed manner (a bit like AOPA's offering) and not as a digital magazine.

The true life stories dried up (or only ancient ones reported) when CASA started "investigating" authors for breaches.  That was a sad time.  The mag became more about industry news.  That era passed, it picked up, but was killed off by going to on-line articles.  It would have cost many thousands to print and post to every pilot.  They must have looked at the RAAus experience and decided that a paid subscription would get it to those who would read it (rather than bin it) and also subsidise the cost.  You can read the on-line version here https://www.flightsafetyaustralia.com/

It might change your mind....

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Thanks for the background FlyingVizsla, but I don't need to read their own PR to know their true state of mind.  They've lost their way many years ago, around the time Dick Smith initiated user pays.