D'oh!

Guest Redair

Guest Redair

Greetings Savannahites, I'm afraid I've had a Homer Simpson moment... having got to Natfly, and having found the Savannah, I forgot to look and see if they have a parking brake. So, do they? Sorry for being so dim, but was that busy looking at all the other things, I just plain forgot about it:hittinghead:

If not, then how do you secure them?

Redair.

Guest airsick

It could be a yes as in "yes it does have a park brake, it consists of several triangular pieces of plastic tucked behind the seats." 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Aircraft I learned in had a park brake. I would put it on by habit and then have to reach in to take it off to move the plane.

Eventually twigged not to use it at all.

The chocks are the best idea. Cannot imagine accidentally landing with the chocks on. One less downwind check. Still say it to myself though.

Guest Redair

Yep, chocks seem to make sense... only wondered about the park brake, as the thought of a strong gust of wind, (we get a lot of it here) might be enough to jump a chok and roll away. That isn't so likely if the brakes are on.

Redair.

I could post some funny video of when a park brake would have been useful.......................but I don't think I will..........024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

J

• 8 months later...

Parking brakes.

Redair, if there is any possibility of the wind doing what you describe, why wouldn't the tie downs be in place?. The other point is that hydraulic brakes of the type that are fitted to small aircraft (ie the closed circuit type) can NEVER be relied to hold for long periods, as the smallest leakage or temp change will reduce the brakes effectiveness. Cable brakes do not suffer from this problem, but have other problems. Stiffness, uneven application. maintainence,etc.. I wouldn't rule out an aircraft because the brakes cannot be parked. (of the type we fly). .. regards nev..